Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The output level from my factory cd player seems to have diminished by as much as 50%. Previously with the volume set to 20 it was pretty loud.

Now at 20 you can hear it but it's still quite quiet. AM/FM radio and XM still seem normal. Same goes for the aux input. I'm trying to figure out what has happened.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the cause. It's the iSimple ISHD651 adapter I installed causing problems. It's not functioning correctly and is somehow interfering with the CD player output level. When I hit the hard reset button the level momentarily returns to normal.

I hope to have time to remove it this weekend and see what happens. I will post an update for anyone interested.

I have had no luck with these after market usb add ons.

Grom - no go
iSimple - no go

If you have navigation and are successfully using an aftermarket usb device what are you using?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well due to frustration I quickly pulled out a trim piece this morning and disconnected the ishd651. I then tested my cd player and the volume level is back to normal. Phew, glad it wasn't permanently damaged. :thmsup:

Then, crossed my fingers and hoped plugging back in the ishd651 it would magically work. Nope, same problem :thumbsdow

I guess this will have to go back for repair, replacement or refund, so frustrating! I'm considering the Yatour digital music changer as option three. I just haven't yet been able to determine if it passes text through which I really want!

Honda why won't you just release a firmware update for my radio so I can buy the factory option available on 11's and up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts