Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was wondering if replacing the door component speakers with after market components will be an issue?

Are the factory crossovers built into the factory radio, and would I need to remove/bypass this?

Or, would I need to just not install the after market crossovers?

I would appreciate the help!

(Sorry if this question is already out there)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Dpends what model you have. I know the higher trim levels that came with the premium system have seperate tweeter crossovers that people have trouble finding sometimes. My lx-s just had capacitors at the tweeter themselves.

It will be pretty pointless to change the speakers without adding an amp or new headunit iMo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I have the 08 accord coupe premium sound package 7 speakers, without navi. The factory amp is behind the glove box, and the factory crossovers are under the driver side dash and behind the 6 disk changer.

For anyone else looking for the same thing...

So I guess the answer to my crossover question would be, yes. I need to replace the factory crossovers. But due to their location it would be easy to upgrade the headunit while I'm at it.

I think I have it straight...

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
455 Posts
search is your friend. One member even made several vids to help you do the job yourself.

There are two crossovers that will need to be bypassed or removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts