Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Does anyone have a radio wiring diagram for 2010 Honda Accord EX-L with navigation? I searched everywhere, but the only diagram I found was for a Civic.

I installed an aftermarket android head unit using a Metra wiring harness. The crimps are not fully installed in the harness, so I lost power to some. For example, I lost connection to the steering wheel control. Hence, I want to tap the steering wheel control wire directly to regain control.

I used Metra 70-1729 harness to power the head unit. As you can see, it doesn't have all 24 crimps.

Metra has a female wire harness as well. They tell you what each pin is used for.

According to the chart above, pin #9 is Audio Remote Switch. Hence, I wired the head unit's steer wheel control wire directly to the pink wire (pin #9 in the factory radio wire), but it doesn't work. Do I need to buy a special device to use the steering wheel control?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to this thread for the BIBLE on our generation Honda Accords:

Honda Accord 2008-2010 Service Manual (Downloadable PDF)

It came in quite handy when I went about disabling ANC(Active Noise Cancellation) on the audio deck in my 2010 Accd EX! Section 23-2 of that Service Manual.
Awesome!! Now I know I need to do something with pin5 and pin16. The head unit has two steering wheel control wires, Key 1 and Key 2.

I have tried the following methods but didn't work.
  1. Tapping Key 1 to A16
  2. Tapping Key 1 and 2 to A16
Do I need to wire one of the Keys to A16 and the other to the remote ground (A5)?

·
2010 2.4EX
941 Posts
Awesome!! Now I know I need to do something with pin5 and pin16. The head unit has two steering wheel control wires, Key 1 and Key 2.

I have tried the following methods but didn't work.
  1. Tapping Key 1 to A16
  2. Tapping Key 1 and 2 to A16
Do I need to wire one of the Keys to A16 and the other to the remote ground (A5)?
View attachment 523724
Did you look up the correct radio/audio unit for your EX-L? Your's would be the Navigation unit, and assume CD changer.

·
2010 2.4EX
941 Posts
Yes, the diagram above is for the premium audio system with navigation.
You know who should be really tight with aftermarket audio installation, is Crutchfield. They're not a low-price bargain basement operation, but their prices are fair and if you aftermarket your sound system through them, they will walk you through, on the phone, the installation of your components.

If I recall, looking through some of Crutchfield's aftermarket wiring kits, the premium kit provides an additional smaller harness to correctly interface your new head unit with your existing Accord steering/remote buttons.

It won't work if connected directly, and might even fry something. Be careful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.