Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Accord Coupe - V6, 6-speed
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I will soon be purchasing a 2010 or 2011 6-6 coupe and one of the options is a sport suspension which lowers the car about 1". I was wondering if anyone has this. I know that most of you are gonna tell me that there are better aftermarket options, but I'd rather have the piece of mind of factory parts. I don't want to have warranty issues with the suspension. BTW, I do plan on putting some 20" wheels eventually. How will they look with a 1" drop? Thanks...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hello, I will soon be purchasing a 2010 or 2011 6-6 coupe and one of the options is a sport suspension which lowers the car about 1". I was wondering if anyone has this. I know that most of you are gonna tell me that there are better aftermarket options, but I'd rather have the piece of mind of factory parts. I don't want to have warranty issues with the suspension. BTW, I do plan on putting some 20" wheels eventually. How will they look with a 1" drop? Thanks...
I have the factory sport suspension with 20" wheels, no complaints here. I like it, and it's covered under warranty. Looks better than the stock height. Couple of others on here with the HFP suspension and 20's, too.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I don't have it but I think it looks good. My drop is not much lower, maybe another half inch or less.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It definitely looks a lot better than stock..but man oh man i wish it would be lower by just 1 more inch!!

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
It definitely looks a lot better than stock..but man oh man i wish it would be lower by just 1 more inch!!
I know what you mean. However, if mine was any lower, I wouldn't be able to open the passenger door when i parallel park on some of the streets as I noticed the bottom of my door is really close to the curve now. In fact, I scraped the bottom of my passenger door when my passenger opened the door (luckily no real damage as the door was opened slowly) at the exact same parking spot that used be fine before I lowered my car.

So, for practicality, being any lower would be PITA for a DD.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I know what you mean. However, if mine was any lower, I wouldn't be able to open the passenger door when i parallel park on some of the streets as I noticed the bottom of my door is really close to the curve now. In fact, I scraped the bottom of my passenger door when my passenger opened the door (luckily no real damage as the door was opened slowly) at the exact same parking spot that used be fine before I lowered my car.

So, for practicality, being any lower would be PITA for a DD.
Exactly!! Just noticed this same thing when going to the local Harvest Grain bakery @ lunch with a co-worker . The HFP setup height just clears a standard size (if there is such a thing) curb at a somewhat level base with the street.

Definitely have to be weary of those sloped streets where the curb was an add-on later on and angled back...where even at our height, the bottom can scrape.. unfortunately it's usually on the passenger to be cognizant of being careful, thus the opportune for scrape-age... happened in my 08, sounded much worse than the non-visible unless you were under the car damage actually way. What was I doing? Being DD and picking up some friends from the bars... stupid curbs lol. Sometimes by sheer luck, you get where the door will dig into ground/grass before hinging enough out to scrape concrete. Sigh, joys of sitting low (or simply parking a car rather than SUV/truck).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts