Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Fallout from Passenger Seat Removal

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JimmyFrank 
#1 ·
Greetings, this is my first post on this board. I removed the front passenger seat from my 2010 Accord sedan for additional storage space. This caused the airbag light to come on, as the system noticed the mysterious absence of the pax seat airbag and the OPDS (Occupant Position Detection System) module. Now I've put the seat back in and reconnected the wires, but the airbag light remains, of course. I want to get the OBD2 tool to reset the airbag light myself, and it seems that there are several cheap ($100-200) 'universal' tools that can do this.

Now for the question: a local mechanic (mostly works on Mercedes vans) told me that the computer will demand that the Seat Weight Sensor be calibrated anytime it detects the ODPS module has been unplugged/ replugged/ replaced. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the case? If so, what sort of tool would I need to do this? Is this something you have to have an official software subscription to do? Do I just have to get a 'real mechanic' to do this?

Much appreciated,
JimmyFrank

Anyone got any ideas on this?

#2 ·
Try this website.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.