Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an 05 accord v6 coupe are there 2 speeds for the cooling and condenser fans?

My ac doesn't seem to be cooling well and I've noticed I barely hear the fans. I've verified they are both spinning when I kick the ac on but run at low speed and never kick into a high speed. The fans are running slow enough that you really can't detect them running without opening the hood and looking at them.

I swapped the heater relay and the fan relay and didn't see any change. What controls the fan speed? Is it possibly a temp sensor causing the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An Update on this. The compressor does not seem to be cycling on and off, it seems to run constantly while the AC is on. The only thing that prompts the compressor to cycle off is turning off the AC or turning the temp up almost all the way, when this is done you can hear the fans go off and hear the clutch click to engage when you turn it back on. The high speed cycle of the cooling fan kicks on if you let it sit with the AC off for a few minutes. Since the compressor and fans are running constantly with the AC on the engine never builds enough heat to kick the high speed fan on.

The AC is blowing cold, I guess it could be just a hair colder but its definitely within acceptable range. I'm thinking this narrows it down to the AC pressure switch but would like someone who knows more than me to chime in.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The condenser fan and the cooling fan only have 1 speed, any time the clutch on the compressor is engaged both fans should be turning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts