Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Go Gators!
133 Posts
You're getting rid of a Honda for a Ford?

I drove Fords all my life and after we got a CRV in 07, I've never looked back.

The new stangs are nice but I'll take reliability over form any day.

Good luck on your new purchase.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
the DA forum is 'aware'.

'Hal' does not approve of FoMoCo related attachments. :)

j/k

Enjoy that power plant Louis -- they sound mean, great reviews thus far of the '11 and I prefer the Stang retro-ness/throwback more so than the Camaro (that's just me).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idk why the attachments didn't work stupid computer lol well it's a silver 2011 mustang gt with the 19" wheels,brembo brakes and 3.73 gearing. I've had this thing a few hrs and love it...I'll try to get pics up asap

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
None of the attachments work.

.....and speaking of work:

I hope the V-8 works for you (it sure idles fine) I visited the dealership to test drive the V-6 6M. Disappointing: rough clutch, heavy shifting. The car just didn't have it for me.

Leaving the dealership and shifting my GenVII 6M, the difference was big time telling me to keep what I have for the present. (Even with a vague clutch).

But the V-8 may be different. I didn't drive it - - but again it sure sounds good!

ez....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I absolutely love this car and for the ppl saying bout reliability,I have 6 yr or 100,000 mile warranty and 4 yr road side assistance and I don't know if y'all know but they have changed the motor and a lot of things in it. But I love it and can feel the horsepower and handles beautifully

·
Registered
175 Posts
grats! i was gonna go for a 5.0 but i know my heavy feet would get me in trouble lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I can control mine and I won't lie everyone of my friends have asked to race me and I've told all of them no lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Awesome pickup. The new 5.0s are some serious motors. Nice options too, those brakes are a pricey option. You planning on modding it?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
always liked stangs until i drove a 5 speed, the clutch uptake was so insanely high compared to all the Japanese cars i drove i just could not get over it. Congrats though nice looking car.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
At least you got the Brembo Brake Package, did you get the 3.73? They have a kona blue one here for 33k with:

* 3.73 Limited Slip Rear Axle
* Active Anti-Theft System
* Brembo Brake Package
* Engine: 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT V8
* HID Headlamps
* Rapid Spec 400A
* Security Package
* Tire Mobility Kit
* Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
* Unique Electronic Stability Control Tuning
* Wheel Locking Kit

But I don't like that color at all. I'd think about getting it if it were any other color besides that blue heh.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Life is too short. Drive what makes you happy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts