Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has been posted about before.

I recently noticed my 9th gen accord lx cvt has been idling somewhat faster than it used to as recently as a week or so ago. It used to settle in at ~500-600 RPMs sitting idle after warming up but now even after warming up after driving for an hour it goes no lower than 800 RPM sitting still. This change also comes with lower MPG (about 5-7mpg) and I feel like I have to press the throttle harder to get the same speeds as before. My oil life is at 50% and I haven't changed it yet (about 4200 miles), not sure if this is related.

No change in ambient temp either -- the only thing that's remotely different is that I got the windshield replaced recently for a crack and there is a wind noise at highway speeds (so I think the seal isn't 100%) but I wouldn't think this is related to engine RPMs at all...

Does anybody have any thoughts?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
My i4 idles at 800.

Jay

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Normal, and I highly doubt you were ever idling at 500 RPMS. Your car would be bucking and bogging at 500 RPMS.

·
Registered
410 Posts
When first testing the V6s, I noticed that you have to keep a heavy foot on the brake, or the car will jump ahead! The idle speed is to light-off the forward catcon more quickly. After a couple minutes, it settles down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts