Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Have you taken your Accord anywhere where long term memories have been made?
-Where is your favorite place you have ever driven your Accord?

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Guanajuato City, Mexico 4,000 mile round trip :thumbsup:

Place where I was born.
Now THAT is a road trip.

I took mine to Stockbridge, GA last year....six years after I bought it there. I just went to say hello and thank you, but I guess they have had unhappy customers because they called the sheriff on me after they told me "...to take a seat as the manager will be right out". Sneaky sneaky!

Also took it to the White House once.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Went on a trail in the Everglades. It was supposed to be a 20 mile loop but I backed out a few miles in. It was unpaved and once the road got narrow enough where the brush was touching the car on both sides. There were also signs that there might be panthers around. Didn't want to get a flat there.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My favorite place I've taken my Accord, was Galena IL, just a few months ago. Absolutely beautiful over there, especially when the leaves begin to change.. well, Starved Rock is also nice when the leaves change.

If things go as planned, a summer road trip to Niagra Falls is in my Accord's future.:D

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
Drove it 1.5 miles to where I work, turned it from Black to Blue, then I drove it back home two days later.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Todd:

Take route 219 through Johnstown, Pennsylvania all the way north to Buffalo, NY, and then to Niagara Falls. I used to ride my Harley that way every year when I lived in DC. One of the nicest road trips you can take and it is off the beaten path- lots of good peeps along the way. The Johnstown Flood museum is impressive. Very cool to see mansions built halfway up a mountain (there used to be a deep lake there, but the dam broke and killed a whole lotta people).

Galena is where President US Grant was from....best colors in Illinois every fall.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
@Todd: To make Drew from Atlanta upset, we should talk about how US Grant and General Sherman were buddies, and how Sherman burned Atlanta. :)

BLCKFLSH: Now THAT is cool.....you've talked about it from time to time, but now we see pics. This is why your username is BLCK but you are really BLUE.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
I drove mine from eastern NC to Denver last spring, went up Pike's Peak, and then explored the back country of NW CO for a few months towing my KTM on a trailer. Got it stuck in some peanut butter clay at the parking area of 160,000 acre BLM land. Luckily I had my dirtbike on the trailer and rode it 10 miles down the highway to find a rancher to pull me out. In the fall I took it to Moab.

The ADVENTURE RIG/////

Hell's Revenge parking lot, Moab:

·
Got Accord?
144 Posts
This past summer i went up to Maine with my girlfriend and her family. From here in NY it was a 1,000 miles round trip. While there, i took the Accord to the top of Cadillac mountain in Acadia National Park. 1,500ft Elevation. What a view it was.

·
White on Black AV6-6
100 Posts
Most memorable place is ON the LIFT! The horrors I have learned on these journeys will haunt me forever! (But I taught myself how to fish)

Favorite place is in my driveway cause she's just a step away...

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Why is the lift offset from the door opening?

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
@toshbar: You need to make a specific thread about the Accord in extreme environments. Like towing, heat, dessert, elevation, etc. I had two Jeeps, so I understand....just never thought I would try it with the Accord....

·
07 I4 MT coupe
198 Posts
I didn't post because the most exotic place I take my accord is to work.

Now my motorcycle on the other hand.....

·
White on Black AV6-6
100 Posts
Well hey my driveway and lift is nowhere geographically amazing but we would love to see great pictures of your Accord. Remember, we don't live where you do, get something in the background that signifies your location and is unique! Let's keep this thread picture rich. The place can just be memorable for your Honda, "my driveway" will work if you get a great pic.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE

·
07 I4 MT coupe
198 Posts
Ok, well how about when I brought it home for the first time?

The pictures will probably be blurry because I was so exited I couldn't keep my hand steady.

Ill work on getting the majestic desert background for a followup picture

1 - 20 of 26 Posts