Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Honda Accord. I was sitting in a parking lot when a lady back out from the other side of the parking lot backed out and bumped into the right corner of my bumper. The damage is very light, cracked paint on the bumper, paint scuff mark and the bumper is pushed forward and to the side a bit.

She gave me her information but I haven't call my insurance company yet, because I'm not sure it's worth it to file a claim. Do you think I should just call her up and ask her to pay me some amount and not get the insurance involve?

Here's the damage.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Get her insurance to pay for your repair, or get her to pay all of the repair herself (i.e not getting her insurance company involved).

Why should you undertake any responsibility when she is the sole cause of this accident?

BTW, I was tapped lightly from behind earlier this year by a Thunderbird........, with similar surface damage as yours although the bumper did not shift or deform or pop as in your pics, the other driver did not want to involve insurance, it was almost CDN$1,000 between repair and car rental by the time it was all said and done.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yes, your insurance company should not be involved. Get some estimates and send them to her. Tell her she can either pay out of pocket for the repair or you can go through her insurance.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Yes, your insurance company should not be involved. Get some estimates and send them to her. Tell her she can either pay out of pocket for the repair or you can go through her insurance.
agreed. How is your record with that car right now? any previous accidents?

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
What they said, also definitely make sure the clips in the bumper aren't broken if you only get her to pay for the paint damage. You don't want a crappy falling off bumper if they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advices guys.

How is your record with that car right now? any previous accidents?
I had one previous accident where I got too close to someone and scratched their paint and my mirror broke their rear light. That was several years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts