Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my car today and I noticed I only have front fenderwell trim (that thin black line on the edge of the fender) but the rear didn't have it. Is that normal? and do you guys think I should get the rear fenderwell trim to protect my paint? Thanks :D

·
2008 Acura TL-S
705 Posts
I have the top of the line Accord, and it does not have the rear fenderwell trim. You will have to have it custom made and fit, if that's even possible.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I was washing my car today and I noticed I only have front fenderwell trim (that thin black line on the edge of the fender) but the rear didn't have it. Is that normal? and do you guys think I should get the rear fenderwell trim to protect my paint? Thanks :D
Paranoia :paranoid: kicks in when you love your car :lmao:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Wouldn't the trim trap dirt and water, thus causing wear and rust, especially in a wheelwell? :paranoid::dunno:

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
If you want some extra protection for the rear pick up some rubberized undercoating spray at your local NAPA or Shucks or something. Then spray it up and in your well. I've done that a few times, just adds a little extra protection.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,509 Posts
Those things don't protect very much. That may be the only area on my car that doesn't have a scratch on it. The door moldings don't do much either (too low).

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,716 Posts
The trim is not a factory stock part. If you want it for the rear, you can get the kit at your Honda dealer or online.

It's $60 for 4 pieces, which could mean yours fell off, someone took them off, or they're not the Honda part (i.e. were purchased at Pepboys, Autozone, etc.)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I would not have any of them on as it will just hold in dirt and eventually rust. I had the inners on my civic and took them off before they rusted the fender well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just finally took all four of mine off after realizing after the car lasting 7 years...the fender area is the LEAST likely to get an door dings etc and took away from that semi flush look I was going for. A lot of ugliness and dirt was definitely trapped around that. I kept em...you can always use double sided tape and put it back if you so choose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts