Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
┐(´ー` )┌
441 Posts
For replacements using improved Honda brake pads, the Claim Form must be mailed within 90 days of the date of the repair, or by November 29, 2010, whichever is later.
So if you havent done the repair yet then u have 90 days to send in the claim from the date you do it.

For residents of the United States, the following cars are covered by the settlement agreement:

ALL 2008-2009 Honda Accords and 2009 Acura TSXs;

ONLY THOSE 2010 Honda Accords that have a vehicle identification number (VIN) that ends with: 000001; 000002; 000003; 000004; 000005; 000006; 000007; 000008; 000009; and
about ^^^ i have a quick question does this mean that your vin needs to end with the 0's?My last 6 vin numbers are not a bunch of zeros and another number. Or do they mean the vin must be xxxxx7 for example.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My understanding, based on the info in the website (I got to it from the link in your post), is that the deadline is 3 years from the date the vehicle was first sold.

http://www.girardgibbs.com/hondabrakes.asp#9

From that website:

"Please remember that there is no mileage limitation for the repairs, but that the deadline for obtaining most repairs is within 3 years of when the car was first sold or leased."

·
NYC-718
185 Posts
Very important!!!!!

I have done this break claim offer on my 09 accord coupe and it cost me $150.. Its not what you think, honda only pays up to $150 , i received only $75 back from honda after the breaks were changed and told that honda only covers half the cost you paid.. Which is bullshit because i didnt really need to change them i thought they were free and wanted to jump on the deal, your best bet is going to a regular auto body shop that you are friends with and have them write you up a phony invoice so if you pay $100, have them say it cost $200 so you get your full amount back because i spoke with honda and they said they are only responsible for half the cost.. Which they dont tell you before hand !!! So heads up to you guys

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
IM-DTF, the compensation is $150 if done for the revised OEM brakepads w/ new P/N, $125 for replacement w/ the former/existing brakepads w/ the old P/N or up 50% of the actual cost (up to $125) if done w/ after-market parts.

Mine started squealing at ~14k'ish miles. I got mine done about a month ago at the area dealer, submitted the paperwork & received my $150 check last week. The dealer knew about this class-action judgment, they charged me $169'ish ($150 for parts/labor, how convenient :rolleyes:, and the rest for disposal/environmental fees, misc' shop costs, etc).

Supposedly the said-dealer was doing these as "goodwill" till the class-action lawsuit (again :rolleyes:).

Reference:
Code:
[url]http://www.accordsettlement.com/#9[/url]

[b]How much will I get?[/b]

[u]Class Members can get cash reimbursements for two 
types of Rear Brake Pad repairs/replacements[/u].

* 1) New Material Honda Rear Brake Pad Replacements.
          o Any purchase of, or repair using, the New Material 
          Brake Pads (part #43022-TA0-A40) qualifies for a one-time 
          reimbursement of $150 or the amount paid (whichever is less).

* 2) Original Honda Rear Brake Pads.
          o Any purchase of, or repair using, the Original Rear 
          Brake Pads (part #43022-TA0-A00, #43022-TA0-A51 or 
          #43022-TA0-A70) qualifies for a reimbursement equal to $125 
          or 50% of the amount paid (whichever is less).

o There is no limit to how many repairs using the Original 
          Honda Rear Brake Pads you can get reimbursed for; you can 
          submit multiple Claims or place all reimbursable repairs on a single 
          Claim Form.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Accord, but the last 6 of my VIN don't match those that the claim say are covered. I have heard my rear brakes squeaking. Anyone know if I have any recourse?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
preludef71 ad Joey J -

I think your last six numbers have to be these. Per Honda, only small section of 2010 are impacted (so they say, we know it is a LIE), so it means they changed brakes very early when 2010 are introduced, hence low "serial number"

I am afraid that revised brakes will last somewhat longer, but not as long as decent brakes do.

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
I got a question... So if i choose to replace my breaks right now with OEM ones... Even though they are not squeeling... will they still pay for it... or atleast up to 125?

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
I got a question... So if i choose to replace my breaks right now with OEM ones... Even though they are not squeeling... will they still pay for it... or atleast up to 125?
Do it. The previous rear brakepads are likely to only last ~15k miles (+/- depending on driving-style / conditions). The newer brakepads (along w/ revised spring & caliper-realignment as-per Honda's insider dealer memo) will supposedly last significantly longer.

So, for you there are three scenarios you can go w/ (scenario #1 is recommended)...

(i.) Replace them w/ the new(er) OEM brakepads (it's a new P/N), provide an invoice for $150+, you'll get $150.

Do the above, but the invoice is less than $150, you'll get that amount that you actually spent (<$150).

(ii.) Put on new previous/outgoing old(er) brakepads (same P/N as what came on the vehicle), provide invoice for $125+, you'll get $125.

Do the above, but the invoice is less than $125, you'll get that amount that you actually spent (<$125).

(iii.) Put on after-market / non-OEM brakepads, provide an invoice for $XXX & you'll get 50% of that back ($YYY).

Remember, the checks mailed out have income tax'able ramifications for some (they come w/ such a document outlining this), so be wise if you fudge the invoice to get more than you deserve.

·
Acura CU4 V6
296 Posts
Interesting... my brakes have only squealed on certain occasions, very rare though.
I have about 13k miles... I think it might be a good idea to have them replaced now, before it becomes worse (since at least I'm getting reimbursed)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
fronts and back squeaked on mine since day one. I never did get this imfamous letter, but took it to dealer and complained. New pads, but I had to have my front rotors sanded as per tsb....not impressed with that. Brand new car, been complaing about it since car had 1500 kms on it, and I had to that? Should have been new rotors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts