Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this email today, anyone ele get this?

FINAL NOTICE

PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY

Huntington Honda has been selected as a site to conduct a special market test pricing and financing event. You have been pre-selected to participate in this event.
We need to acquire pre-owned vehicles in order to fulfill special used car requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle.
We would like to exchange your vehicle for any New or Pre-owned Certified Honda. With factory incentives, financing starting at 0.9% and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out-of-pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget.
Call us at (888) 639-7352 Today to schedule a convenient appointment and allow us the opportunity to make you an offer. (A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to assess its value.) Then, print and bring this email (for additional savings) and present it to David Petrie, Business Development Manager at Huntington Honda. Due to the nature of this event, it will not be advertised to the general public. This will be your only form of notification.
Are they kidding? No way they want my 08 LX-P more than a new Accord. :confused:

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
It's just a sales ploy trying to drum up some business. I still get those from the dealer in Austin where I bought my Accord.........and I traded it in almost two years ago.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Every car dealer does this. I have a bunch of mail from Toyota wanting to trade in my girlfriends 2009 FJ....And Howdy Honda in Austin sends me the same junk-mail too...every week!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Received this email today, anyone ele get this?

Are they kidding? No way they want my 08 LX-P more than a new Accord. :confused:
I got one to few months ago from Babylon Honda on south side of LI .
I doubt they give you what you think your vehicle is worth .

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got one to few months ago from Babylon Honda on south side of LI .
I doubt they give you what you think your vehicle is worth .
Actually, they'll give you more than it's worth. But that's only because it is coming out of the price of the new car. Same pitch just packaged differently.

·
Registered
851 Posts
ive never had this happen to me... this is really interesting i really want to know how much they would give me for my accord now lol
im not looking to get a new car, just curious

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
I'm sure even if a single individual went through w/ such a marketing campaign at any given time (emails, print ads, mailers, tv/radio slots, etc'), it would pay for itself & then some. Seems like a sure fire way to generate revenue on both ends of the deal, as well as increasing future factory-to-dealer allocation of vehicles along w/ moving existing/stagnant inventory.

·
Registered
665 Posts
IIRC another poster here said that they say they'll buy back your car less penalties for things such as wear and tear and mileage. These penalties end up adding up so that the price the dealer pays you ends up being the same as the market value of the trade-in. Since virtually no car is free of mileage or wear and tear, they never end up paying you back what you paid for the car.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
My girlfriend got the same letter for here 07 Civic and I highly doubt there is a shortage of Civic’s

·
Registered
538 Posts
Some dealers have gone to other extremes. You make an appt for service for your lets say 2005 accord. As you pull up to the service area on the appointed day their will be a bulletin board saying "we need 2005 accords for trade ins"...just another scam to take the money out of your pocket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts