Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere in the manual the distance from the dash line in the camera to the bumper was 18".

Recent posts suggested by clueless sales people listed "the bumper" and other figures.

Pics below are self explanatory.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I seem to remember reading in the manual that the distance to the dotted line is 20" from the bumper and each solid line represents 1 yard, 2 yards and 3 yards from it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
It's published in the owner's manual. That's probably where you read the number.
The number that's not published is the distance lines on the Lane Watch Camera.

Attachments

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Good, I wasn't too far off. I had just substituted yards for meters. :D

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Hah, according to Honda's methodology, I am "approximately" 7 inches!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What messes me up are the side lines.

I start backing up while watching the lines turn in the direction I'm turning, I see the lines come very close to a car, curb or whatever, then I stop, look out the window only to discover I'm not as close as it appears in the screen.

This week I'm gonna set up an obstacle coarse and get actual #s for Side (Mirror) & Rear (Backup)...Been putting it off way too long.

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
I want to know if it is normal; that I see the bottom of the trunk's chrome trim on the camera, making the whole top part of the display unusable.

has anyone else notice that, or is my camera out of aligment?

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to know if it is normal; that I see the bottom of the trunk's chrome trim on the camera, making the whole top part of the display unusable.

has anyone else notice that, or is my camera out of aligment?
The cam has 3 modes (at least on the Ex-L). Hit the select button on the imid to change the view.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not on my EX :(
Like my 12 MDx and 07 MDX, still very useful.

Sounds like JZP has a cam that is not so useful.

FWIW I rarely use the other 2 modes but when used, they are nice. One mode is so wide it serves as cross path detection and the top view allows you to line up perfectly between the lines but offers virtually no view to the rear which is expected.

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
The cam has 3 modes (at least on the Ex-L). Hit the select button on the imid to change the view.
Thanks II Kings, I will try that later today; if not I will ask the dealer to align it when I go for my first free maintenance; they need to fix the wind noise as well coming from my door (I know there is TSB)

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Has anybody been able to locate in the manual what it means when the dynamic guidelines change color from amber to red?

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Nope, it's all visual.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Somewhat OT, but are anyone else's vertical guidelines off center? I've found that when I'm parked perfectly in the middle of a space, the guidelines make it look as if it's left of center. I don't use the camera much except to see how much farther I should go when backing into my garage, but there are other occasions where it's helpful. I've just been making an allowance for the error when I'm trying to center up using it, but am curious if there is an actual fix.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Somewhat OT, but are anyone else's vertical guidelines off center? I've found that when I'm parked perfectly in the middle of a space, the guidelines make it look as if it's left of center. I don't use the camera much except to see how much farther I should go when backing into my garage, but there are other occasions where it's helpful. I've just been making an allowance for the error when I'm trying to center up using it, but am curious if there is an actual fix.
Doubtful, I think the lines are an approximation however in top mode the lining up in a parking space is superb.
I use the cam a lot to eye kids, pets, etc. No matter how well one looks, there is a blind triangle behind every car (worse on SUV,Vans,trucks) that only a camera can see.

A guy on the 300C forum nearly backed over his adult daughter. She was tanning outside the garage with headphones on. The thing that saved her was not the cam (not an option in '05), but he paid extra for rear sonar (as I did) and that chimed off saving a disaster.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's published in the owner's manual. That's probably where you read the number.
The number that's not published is the distance lines on the Lane Watch Camera.
they failed big time with the pictures on the right... wide angle and normal should not be looking the same

1 - 19 of 19 Posts