Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8th Gen Believer
3,816 Posts
Amazingly low mileage. You got a good one. I always mention changing transmission fluid when someone picks up a pre-owned Accord, it's a very important but overlooked maintenance item.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Man! I just purchased the 2012 accord coupe V6. Will you be making any modifications??
I've been offline for a couple of weeks so I'm just seeing this now, whoops! The only mods I want to do are inside the cabin, I want a GPS and a backup cam, preferably in the dash but I like the factory display so I might just go with like a garmin portable. Thinking about adding some fog lights too like the V6 has when I have some more money saved up, since this thing with such low mileage it should last me a good 10 years or more I hope. The previous owner maintained it well and all that it needed when I bought it was new brake fluid. :)

Amazingly low mileage. You got a good one. I always mention changing transmission fluid when someone picks up a pre-owned Accord, it's a very important but overlooked maintenance item.
I was thinking about that myself actually! I looked up some warning signs that the trans fluid needs to be changed, and I don't have any of the signs yet. My mom has a 2009 EX I4 (mine is an I4 as well obviously), and she says it should be done at 80k miles. Not sure how true that is though, because she also said "an Accord LX is a luxury trim of the Civic"..............? Haha

·
8th Gen Believer
3,816 Posts
Negative. You should change it now. Do a search of the forum. Anyone on this forum will tell you don't flush the AT, drain and fill with Honda DW1 every 30k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts