Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some wonderful news for 9th generation Accord owners with navigation!

I just beta tested—and fell in love—with a new product that overrides all the motion-blocked commands in the Honda user interface. The company that makes this navigation enhancement module is called Prestigious Society, Inc.; www.prestigioussociety.com, or email, [email protected]. They are also on Facebook. The company has been making navigation/DVD bypass and other devices for Toyota, Lexus, Infinity and Nissan for several years. This is their first product for Honda/Acura. I was told that details on availability and price will be posted very soon.

With the navigation enhancement unit installed, the car has all UI functions available as if it were parked. This includes all the options that are greyed out for navigation, telephone, audio and settings. You can enter or change a destination using the full address book, previous destination list or the keypad, browse your phone book, manually dial a phone number, look up and enter stored POIs, and more. And all this without having to fight with the finicky voice command system!

I bought one of their Toyota navigation enhancement units for my 2010 Prius that worked flawlessly for the four years I owned it. It was a Godsend. I inquired about a Honda product when I got my new Accord Hybrid Touring and subsequently agreed to be a beta tester. I have no stake in this company whatsoever. I live in Atlanta and the company is in California. I am an end user pure and simple.

Installation of the pre-production unit was not difficult. Good, because I am not a mechanic or technician of any sort. It took maybe 30 minutes, (going very slowly) to remove the trim pieces, loosen the head unit, install the wiring harness and module and reinstall anything that was removed. The illustrated directions were excellent. It is completely plug-and-play—no cutting or splicing of wires. I tested every screen and function that is affected by the motion lockout. The unit permitted identical access to all programming functions while moving as if the car were stopped.

I don’t know yet how much it will cost. The PS web site may be helpful in determining the range of prices they charge for current products. If you struggle with the intrusive and illogical Honda UI as I have, installing one of these will make the car nearly perfect.

· PITA
44 Posts
This would be great, hopefully the price is reasonable.

I see some of their other products allow phone, tablet mirroring. Man that would sweet as well to have Google Nav on the main screen.

· Premium Member
159 Posts
This sounds like the device I added to my GS350 that bypassed the DVD play navi lockouts. Very easy to install and worked great

· Banned
6,590 Posts
I have some wonderful news for 9th generation Accord owners with navigation!

I just beta tested—and fell in love—with a new product that overrides all the motion-blocked commands in the Honda user interface. The company that makes this navigation enhancement module is called Prestigious Society, Inc.; www.prestigioussociety.com, or email, [email protected]. They are also on Facebook. The company has been making navigation/DVD bypass and other devices for Toyota, Lexus, Infinity and Nissan for several years. This is their first product for Honda/Acura. I was told that details on availability and price will be posted very soon.

With the navigation enhancement unit installed, the car has all UI functions available as if it were parked. This includes all the options that are greyed out for navigation, telephone, audio and settings. You can enter or change a destination using the full address book, previous destination list or the keypad, browse your phone book, manually dial a phone number, look up and enter stored POIs, and more. And all this without having to fight with the finicky voice command system!

I bought one of their Toyota navigation enhancement units for my 2010 Prius that worked flawlessly for the four years I owned it. It was a Godsend. I inquired about a Honda product when I got my new Accord Hybrid Touring and subsequently agreed to be a beta tester. I have no stake in this company whatsoever. I live in Atlanta and the company is in California. I am an end user pure and simple.

Installation of the pre-production unit was not difficult. Good, because I am not a mechanic or technician of any sort. It took maybe 30 minutes, (going very slowly) to remove the trim pieces, loosen the head unit, install the wiring harness and module and reinstall anything that was removed. The illustrated directions were excellent. It is completely plug-and-play—no cutting or splicing of wires. I tested every screen and function that is affected by the motion lockout. The unit permitted identical access to all programming functions while moving as if the car were stopped.

I don’t know yet how much it will cost. The PS web site may be helpful in determining the range of prices they charge for current products. If you struggle with the intrusive and illogical Honda UI as I have, installing one of these will make the car nearly perfect.
This reads like an advertisement. You sure you don't work for this company or affiliated?

Got any pictures of the product installed for the Accord? Yeah, of course not.

Beta tester in Atlanta even though the company is located in California?

Sounds fishy.

· Registered
135 Posts
This reads like an advertisement. You sure you don't work for this company or affiliated?

Got any pictures of the product installed for the Accord? Yeah, of course not.

Beta tester in Atlanta even though the company is located in California?

Sounds fishy.
+1 :thmsup:

· Mod it or don't drive it
1,061 Posts
InB4 someone says:

"be careful with this mod, if you are in an accident and they find that you removed the navi and phone lockout safety feature, your insurance provider may not cover you!!!"

:paranoid:

· OV-1
25 Posts
Works like advertised

I had it installed today by a local audio shop. $215 for the unit plus $75 installed. Works as advertised, you push the button and it disconnects the navi and tells the car it is not moving. All the grayed out inputs are now as if you are parked. Once you tell it to navigate, push the button again and it will then find the satellite (very quickly) and function normally to get you where you want to go. I will no longer be po'd every time I get in a $30,000 car and want to go somewhere or change routes while my wife is helpless to program the navi while driving. In my case that is back to the past as in my 2004 Accord with Navi.

Install was quick, I have a Touring and the unit was placed behind the dial used to change the scale of the map. This is important as some feel that Honda may invalidate warranties if the find/see the unit with the diagnostic computer. So, two easy to remove side rails on the console, two screws on the dial unit and you can unplug the unit and put in the provided plug that hides the unit from Honda. Too easy. As long as the unit performs long term, I will be a happy man and my navigator will be too.

· Grinding Gears
326 Posts
Don't get me wrong, this looks like an effective product, but you guys are trying way too hard here lmao

· OV-1
25 Posts
Don't get me wrong, this looks like an effective product, but you guys are trying way too hard here lmao
Umm, not sure what your post means, about trying too hard. I will politely assume that you would rather get into a $30,000 car with your wife, and if you suddenly change plans and want to go to a specific address, you like to pull over in traffic to program your navi system. Well, I don't and apparently a lot of others do not as this company provides systems for many different autos. Is a simple device really, you push a button, it disconnects the navi from the gps, fooling it into thinking your stopped, you then are allowed input in areas previously forbidden. Push the button again, the gps reengages and off you go. Now I will not be po'd every time I get in the car and think about not being able to program the navi on the fly. FYI, I also have a 2004 Accord w navi that was built to be programmed on the road. Maybe I was just spoiled. Still wonder about what your comment was about though.

· Registered
14 Posts
I had it installed today by a local audio shop. $215 for the unit plus $75 installed. Works as advertised, you push the button and it disconnects the navi and tells the car it is not moving. All the grayed out inputs are now as if you are parked. Once you tell it to navigate, push the button again and it will then find the satellite (very quickly) and function normally to get you where you want to go. I will no longer be po'd every time I get in a $30,000 car and want to go somewhere or change routes while my wife is helpless to program the navi while driving. In my case that is back to the past as in my 2004 Accord with Navi.

Install was quick, I have a Touring and the unit was placed behind the dial used to change the scale of the map. This is important as some feel that Honda may invalidate warranties if the find/see the unit with the diagnostic computer. So, two easy to remove side rails on the console, two screws on the dial unit and you can unplug the unit and put in the provided plug that hides the unit from Honda. Too easy. As long as the unit performs long term, I will be a happy man and my navigator will be too.
This sounds an awful like the method mentioned in this thread.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...ng-phone-book-motion-nav-equipped-accord.html

· Registered
763 Posts
It's about time we get something like this for our Honda's! I've used the PS unit for my wife's Lexus for the last year and it works great! Since she has A/V inputs we are able to watch video in her car while driving. I know some of the tree huggin, lawyer types are freaking out but I don't give a damn...lol... How is it any different from my passenger propping the iPad up on the dash and watching video? As long as you use some common sense and act responsibly the world will not end...lol...

· OV-1
25 Posts
Edit: It is similar on install, but all else is much easier. No cutting, splicing or anything scary to a newbie. It is plug and play and my installer only had to take the side panels off to access the dash and the control unit just above the cubby hole to do the instal. As far as function, all the stuff you cannot do on the move, you can with this.

· Registered
14 Posts
Having to hit a switch/button to turn off the navigation and then re-enable it after doesn't seem like the most elegant solution. But seems like the only way to do it for now.

Any pictures of what switch or final install looks like?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.