Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· OV-1
25 Posts
Works like advertised

I had it installed today by a local audio shop. $215 for the unit plus $75 installed. Works as advertised, you push the button and it disconnects the navi and tells the car it is not moving. All the grayed out inputs are now as if you are parked. Once you tell it to navigate, push the button again and it will then find the satellite (very quickly) and function normally to get you where you want to go. I will no longer be po'd every time I get in a $30,000 car and want to go somewhere or change routes while my wife is helpless to program the navi while driving. In my case that is back to the past as in my 2004 Accord with Navi.

Install was quick, I have a Touring and the unit was placed behind the dial used to change the scale of the map. This is important as some feel that Honda may invalidate warranties if the find/see the unit with the diagnostic computer. So, two easy to remove side rails on the console, two screws on the dial unit and you can unplug the unit and put in the provided plug that hides the unit from Honda. Too easy. As long as the unit performs long term, I will be a happy man and my navigator will be too.

· OV-1
25 Posts
Don't get me wrong, this looks like an effective product, but you guys are trying way too hard here lmao
Umm, not sure what your post means, about trying too hard. I will politely assume that you would rather get into a $30,000 car with your wife, and if you suddenly change plans and want to go to a specific address, you like to pull over in traffic to program your navi system. Well, I don't and apparently a lot of others do not as this company provides systems for many different autos. Is a simple device really, you push a button, it disconnects the navi from the gps, fooling it into thinking your stopped, you then are allowed input in areas previously forbidden. Push the button again, the gps reengages and off you go. Now I will not be po'd every time I get in the car and think about not being able to program the navi on the fly. FYI, I also have a 2004 Accord w navi that was built to be programmed on the road. Maybe I was just spoiled. Still wonder about what your comment was about though.

· OV-1
25 Posts
Edit: It is similar on install, but all else is much easier. No cutting, splicing or anything scary to a newbie. It is plug and play and my installer only had to take the side panels off to access the dash and the control unit just above the cubby hole to do the instal. As far as function, all the stuff you cannot do on the move, you can with this.

· OV-1
25 Posts
Any idea if this will work with the 2015 Odyssey Navigation system?
Just bought a new touring elite and this is a major pain!
Was able to put in a jumper wire on our Subaru Outback for a work around.
I kind of doubt it. Go to the Prestigious Society website and you will see that they are currently doing mostly higher end vehicles (Honda Accord recently added). But you can contact them and check. Let us know!

· OV-1
25 Posts
no authorized dealer in CT. what a bummer ? with a new car i hate getting it done at non-authorized dealers.
I wouldn't sweat the "authorized" dealer thing. A competent car audio shop should do well. Its plug and play, simple to install (they just have the right tools). I will admit I had my unit on a shelf at home for a month and a half before I got the courage to take it in. That is the reason I sort of haunt this thread, to hopefully get folks over the anxiety of getting installed. My wife is really happy with it. Happy wife, good life!

· OV-1
25 Posts
Yes, their product is a terrific safety feature. Unfortunately they don't have anything for the 2016 model.

The Honda navigation system as designed is dangerous. It requires the driver to do unnecessary maneuvering to get the vehicle stopped, and then back underway again. When you're driving in the left lane of the freeway in heavy traffic this is a dangerous prospect. When the passenger can type in an address while in motion, you are saving time, money, gasoline, and maybe, your life.

I did consider purchasing a Hyundai simply because they do not lock out the passenger, (much better NAV too).

The correct way for Honda to design the system is to detect if you have a passenger. The computer in the car already has this data.

When driving alone, and the voice recognition system doesn't work for you, always pull over safely to enter your address.

I also wish the Honda Accord had the ability to turn off the daytime running lights as does Toyota and Hyundai.

Try this post. Apparently you would have to do this every time you start the car though. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...driver-distraction-setting-2016-ex-above.html

Have you contacted Prestigious Society to see if they are working on the 2016? Very happy with mine in my 2015 Touring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.