Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I had it installed today by a local audio shop. $215 for the unit plus $75 installed. Works as advertised, you push the button and it disconnects the navi and tells the car it is not moving. All the grayed out inputs are now as if you are parked. Once you tell it to navigate, push the button again and it will then find the satellite (very quickly) and function normally to get you where you want to go. I will no longer be po'd every time I get in a $30,000 car and want to go somewhere or change routes while my wife is helpless to program the navi while driving. In my case that is back to the past as in my 2004 Accord with Navi.

Install was quick, I have a Touring and the unit was placed behind the dial used to change the scale of the map. This is important as some feel that Honda may invalidate warranties if the find/see the unit with the diagnostic computer. So, two easy to remove side rails on the console, two screws on the dial unit and you can unplug the unit and put in the provided plug that hides the unit from Honda. Too easy. As long as the unit performs long term, I will be a happy man and my navigator will be too.
This sounds an awful like the method mentioned in this thread.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...ng-phone-book-motion-nav-equipped-accord.html

· Registered
14 Posts
Having to hit a switch/button to turn off the navigation and then re-enable it after doesn't seem like the most elegant solution. But seems like the only way to do it for now.

Any pictures of what switch or final install looks like?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.