Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Odyssey work around

Any idea if this will work with the 2015 Odyssey Navigation system?
Just bought a new touring elite and this is a major pain!
Was able to put in a jumper wire on our Subaru Outback for a work around.

· OV-1
25 Posts
Any idea if this will work with the 2015 Odyssey Navigation system?
Just bought a new touring elite and this is a major pain!
Was able to put in a jumper wire on our Subaru Outback for a work around.
I kind of doubt it. Go to the Prestigious Society website and you will see that they are currently doing mostly higher end vehicles (Honda Accord recently added). But you can contact them and check. Let us know!

· OV-1
25 Posts
no authorized dealer in CT. what a bummer ? with a new car i hate getting it done at non-authorized dealers.
I wouldn't sweat the "authorized" dealer thing. A competent car audio shop should do well. Its plug and play, simple to install (they just have the right tools). I will admit I had my unit on a shelf at home for a month and a half before I got the courage to take it in. That is the reason I sort of haunt this thread, to hopefully get folks over the anxiety of getting installed. My wife is really happy with it. Happy wife, good life!

· JaeDM
634 Posts
215 for a unit?! i can understand the price for Navi/DVD equipped cars but not worth it for our lx/sport decks.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have some wonderful news for 9th generation Accord owners with navigation!

I just beta tested—and fell in love—with a new product that overrides all the motion-blocked commands in the Honda user interface. The company that makes this navigation enhancement module is called Prestigious Society, Inc
Yes, their product is a terrific safety feature. Unfortunately they don't have anything for the 2016 model.

The Honda navigation system as designed is dangerous. It requires the driver to do unnecessary maneuvering to get the vehicle stopped, and then back underway again. When you're driving in the left lane of the freeway in heavy traffic this is a dangerous prospect. When the passenger can type in an address while in motion, you are saving time, money, gasoline, and maybe, your life.

I did consider purchasing a Hyundai simply because they do not lock out the passenger, (much better NAV too).

The correct way for Honda to design the system is to detect if you have a passenger. The computer in the car already has this data.

When driving alone, and the voice recognition system doesn't work for you, always pull over safely to enter your address.

I also wish the Honda Accord had the ability to turn off the daytime running lights as does Toyota and Hyundai.

· OV-1
25 Posts
Yes, their product is a terrific safety feature. Unfortunately they don't have anything for the 2016 model.

The Honda navigation system as designed is dangerous. It requires the driver to do unnecessary maneuvering to get the vehicle stopped, and then back underway again. When you're driving in the left lane of the freeway in heavy traffic this is a dangerous prospect. When the passenger can type in an address while in motion, you are saving time, money, gasoline, and maybe, your life.

I did consider purchasing a Hyundai simply because they do not lock out the passenger, (much better NAV too).

The correct way for Honda to design the system is to detect if you have a passenger. The computer in the car already has this data.

When driving alone, and the voice recognition system doesn't work for you, always pull over safely to enter your address.

I also wish the Honda Accord had the ability to turn off the daytime running lights as does Toyota and Hyundai.

Try this post. Apparently you would have to do this every time you start the car though. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...driver-distraction-setting-2016-ex-above.html

Have you contacted Prestigious Society to see if they are working on the 2016? Very happy with mine in my 2015 Touring.

· Registered
18 Posts
Try this post. Apparently you would have to do this every time you start the car though. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...driver-distraction-setting-2016-ex-above.html

Have you contacted Prestigious Society to see if they are working on the 2016? Very happy with mine in my 2015 Touring.
Yes, Prestigious Society is the best solution in my opinion. Going through the above procedure after every restart would be a chore. The Prestigious Society solution is quite simple and fast.

Frankly, we are moving back to Toyota because their light switch has, "DRL OFF". A simple fuse pull would fix this with 2012 -2015 Accords. But there are unconfirmed reports that this doesn't completely work with the 2016 Accord. And I have found no way to check the 2016 Accord without actually purchasing the vehicle.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.