Heated Side Mirrors
Moon Roof
180-Watt Premium Audio System: with 6 Speakers
XM® Satellite Radio
Navi

Maintenance Upgrades
Centric Premium Rotors - Front & Rear
Akebono Street Performance Pads - Front & Rear
Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil (5W-20)
Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter (M1-110)

Interior Modifications
38% Window Tint

Exterior Modifications
OEM Spoiler
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Fog Lights
OEM Gold Emblems
Acura TL 17mm Rear Sway Bar

Suspension Modifications

Electronics
USA-Spec PA15-HON2 iPOD interface w/Text

To Do List
Air-Intake
Speaker Upgrade
Amp/Sub Installation (Already Own)
Rims
HID headlights (Already Own)

Still haven't gotten around to updating the pictures, so here is what there is for now. Funny enough these pictures look better than what my car actually looks like as there is now a crack running through the passenger wheel well/bumper from some jerk.

Here are a couple pictures of the driver side damage my car has on it. (It's not THAT visible in these pictures, but more are to come)

What would be your suggestion for getting these dents/scratches fixed? Dealership? 3rd part auto-body shop? DIY? If you recommend a shop, are there any in the MA area that you would suggest I contact and go to? I don't mind driving, so even NH/RI/CT work for me.

·
Banned
4,419 Posts
Bah, you can barely tell it's there with the damage! I wouldn't worry so much about repairing it, but clean pictures!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats an amazing job that was done on Princess' car!

Any idea how much that job cost?

I did some searching on google for some boston PDR shops, but it's difficult to find reviews on them outside of their company website (I don't trust those too much, it's too easy for the company to post their own reviews).

When the job was originally quoted at our local, trusted auto-body shop, the assessment was $800. IMO, thats OUTRAGEOUS! I've lived with the damage until now, but everytime I drive it, I see it and it bothers me. I'll have to take a couple better pictures of the actual damage, but I think if I can find a decent PDR shop, then $200 would be what I would expect to pay. Again, I have never had experience with a PDR shop, so I don't know how they generally charge or the risks involved in trying that route.

·
2001 Accord v6 EX
62 Posts
try cohasset auto body its a bit of a drive from boston but they do good work

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
mmayo01, well welcome to this pack of Honda’s, it took you 5 months to get a decent clean look and photos – well you did a darn good job. Backgrounds are important and you live in an area with great background choices. My ancestors came from Braintree in 1700s, and we have been to Boston many times. For body work, dings, dents ask around, try to find a blender. When we lived in South Florida there was Luis Ruiz who had a truck, computer, and paint equipment. He came to his customer matched paint perfectly and would do a job for $125-175. Yes there are people around like that. I had my BMW done each year, because invariably someone would ding my doors at least once a year. Paintless dent repair is a good be also. Best though is asking around, you will find your guy, Regards

Richard

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm bringing this thread back to life.

Does anybody have experience with Detailing shops? I plan on getting my car detailed after the winter months (doesn't make a whole lot of sense to detail it when it snows/rains every other day in boston during the winter).

Does anybody have any Love/Hate stories about detailing shops? Specifically in the Boston area.

Do they generally offer PDR and/or buff services?

What should I expect to pay for a FULL detail (interior, exterior, underbody, under hood, leather)

I appreciate all the advice I can get.

P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts