Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to report that the CarlinKit 3 is a very reliable solution for wireless CarPlay on my 2019 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid. It's also easy to install and effortlessly converts wired CarPlay to wireless. I've been using the CarlinKit 2 for a couple years, and the "3" is really a major improvement. It's easier to install, connects every time, and stays connected. The "2" was much more persnickety about connecting and often took two or more attempts, and sometimes a car restart to get it working. Not so with the "3."

The device is available on Amazon or directly from CarlinKit. It is well worth the money if you're looking to upgrade your wired CarPlay to wireless!

For the record, you can still use wired CarPlay if, say, you're off on a long trip and afraid your phone will use too much battery. You'll find you have two profiles for CarPlay under settings: one for wired and the other for wireless. The Honda head unit will sort out which one is connected and you can even customize the layout of each one individually.

Lastly, I am only referring to the "3" in this review. The "4" is for people who want both Android and iOS. If you're an iPhone person and don't intend to switch, there is no reason to purchase the "4."

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On their website, they say there is “unstable compatibility” with Accords. I think I’ll give it a try anyway.
Yep, I've seen that, but I can tell you it's very reliable in my 2019 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid. If you're concerned, but it at Amazon and then return it if you're not satisfied. Returns are probably more difficult via CarlinKit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, I've seen that, but I can tell you it's very reliable in my 2019 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid. If you're concerned, but it at Amazon and then return it if you're not satisfied. Returns are probably more difficult via CarlinKit.
After reading your positive review, I did just that. Amazon is delivering it today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts