Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Honda Accord Sport SE

This is my first honda I've owned, only put 100 miles on it but it is much nicer than my 15' Golf Tdi I was driving.

Only thing lacking I have noticed so far is the stereo. My golf had the fender package, will be researching speakers for it soon.

Going to try new door speakers and tweeters first and go from there.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
8th Gen Believer
4,035 Posts
Welcome to DA. Sweet looking ride. Accord audio has never been very good. I'd suggest considering sound deadening in doors with speakers.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. You are correct the OEM sound systems that Honda uses in the Accord Sport SE is far from ideal. Even the nicer stereo systems that they include in the EXL and Touring trims aren't great.

Browse around the 10th Generation Audio/Electronics/Lighting sub-forum HERE and you'll find a lot of threads about upgrading the sound system.

Reactions: Justin29365

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wasn't planning on even buying a car, my brother was the one looking and I just went along for the test rides. Hyundai, koa, toyota and honda.

The accord drove much better than my Golf and was really comfortable.

My brother got a new Sport 2.0t and I went with the Sport SE 1.5t to try and keep more in line with the mpg of the Golf tdi.

Golf got around 34-36 mpg hand calculated for my normal everyday city/hwy mix. Haven't been through my first tank on the Accord yet, hoping to get mid 30s as well. The tdi's always do better on long drives and my commute is only 15 miles to work.

Interstate road trips, the tdi was getting 48+ on long trips. But for the comfort of the Accord I am not disappointed for the mpg loss on those.

-- Going to probably put in some Infinity 6.5s and tweeters all the way around after this summer.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts