Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Luv My Honda
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the freeway today and got hit on the passenger door by a huge rock, i mean it was loud and i was like WTF??? Funny thing is, i owned used cars before and that never happened, now i finaly get my first brand new car and i get whacked??? The nicks are both about 1/2 inch long, i just ordered my oem touch up paint pen, i know nicks and scrashes are inevitable "Clearbra??" but damn!! Just venting!!!! Anybody feel the same??? Does Nicks/Scrashes bother you??? Here's a pic...

·
6th Gear
765 Posts
Sorry about your experience. Use light coats and apply the touch-up paint using a matchstick or toothpick for precision.

It would help to stand a bit back from your car and take another pic so we have an idea where these nicks are.

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
i feel your pain. just remember stuff like that u cant avoid. dont let it ruin your day, i just about let the same mishap ruin my year but snapped out of it. lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
the day after i bought my car someone open a door into my back driver side quarter panel and left a decent dent and chipped the paint... the day after!!! :rant:

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Don't worry too much about it man! Well all have rock chips and light scratches on our paint just like everyone else. The only difference is, us folks here a DA know how to cover them up nicely.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I hear you man. I'm a perfectionist I always need everything neat clean and looking like new, esp with my car. I have nicks like that too and an annoying small chip on my rear quarter panel about waist high. Even though it's only about the size of a baby's finger nail, I hate it! My hood too is covered in tiny microscopic chips from daily driving, you can't see unless your up real close but knowing their there just drives me insane. Nicks, chips and scratches are unavoidable, you just gotta try not to stress about them. It's like asking for the ground to not get wet when it rains, It's going to happen lol. Touch up paint will take care of it. Word of advice though, don't use the brush the OEM bottle comes with. Go out an buy a very fine tipped brush for about 2$ and use that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yup - they ****. Big time. **** even more on dark cars but, unfortunately, are unavoidable.

mike.

·
Luv My Honda
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about your experience. Use light coats and apply the touch-up paint using a matchstick or toothpick for precision.

It would help to stand a bit back from your car and take another pic so we have an idea where these nicks are.
I used the touchup paint and it looks better....

·
Registered
339 Posts
i need touchup paint, how much do they go for?
I got mines for $6.95 each from the dealer; but, I had their parts discount coupon I d/l from their website.

I bought both the car touch-up paint and the alloy wheel touch-up paint. The alloy wheel touch-up paint is part # 08703-NH95MAH-PN (I got that number through this site).

·
niiice!
347 Posts
patron, your alright with me ! :D

thanks for the info brother.

does it look good though or will it look like a spot of oem paint on your car minus the clear coat shine? (will it look like u touched it up?)

·
Registered
339 Posts
patron, your alright with me ! :D

thanks for the info brother.

does it look good though or will it look like a spot of oem paint on your car minus the clear coat shine? (will it look like u touched it up?)
Usually touch-up paint still look better than a nick with no paint on it. You will notice touch-up paint; but, only when you are like a couple of feet away and looking at it. The alloy wheel touch-up paint blends in very nicely though.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Got my 2011 Black on Black and waiting in the far corners of parking lots for someone to cruise all the way over and give me that first nick. How long can we avoid it...I think it gets easier after the first time..Good Luck with the touch up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got a chance to wash my car the other day and I was just DREADING what I'd find after driving in some wintery conditions cause I'd hear rocks ticking the sides of my car every once in a while.

Found one rock chip on the lower side of my driver's door. Looks like a rock hit it, then scraped it for a sec, then left another pit mark behind it that didn't take off the paint. The first spot has a nice, tiny little dent to go along with the paint chip. To me it stands out SO bad. I was just sick.

Put some touch up paint on it to cover it up. Not much else I can do I guess...except keep her in the garage for ever and ever...

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Ouch! I hate when that happens. So far I haven't gotten anything like that, but in my last car I was driving on the highway and a rock flew up and hit my windshield and made a tiny chip RIGHT IN MY LINE OF VIEW when driving. Pissed me off, wasn't driving close at all, I SAW the rock bouncing down the road behind the car. GRR.

Fill it in with touch up paint, maybe a little wax and call it good. One of these days I'll own a rugged car/truck that I can drive around and not care about!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts