Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if i should just stick with honda oil they use at the dealership? or is there something better? reasonably priced of course?

I believe they use some kind of 76 synthetic oil not sure.

Appreicate your thoughts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The dealer will use whatever bulk oil they can get cheapest. They won't use synthetic unless you ask for it and pay the difference. Whatever they use is fine as long as it meets API SM, which it likely will. I've used what dino oil I could get cheapest that met the required specs for the past 16 years and have never had an oil related issued, and I keep cars until they have 150k-250k miles.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually they said they use Conoco Phillips Union 76 synthetic blend oil not sure if this is any good or not

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Actually at the dealership where I bought my 2010 EXL they told me its like 9.95 for a regular change but if I want synthetic it would run me $60.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
just learn to do it yourself..it's so easy man! and if you buy ramps, then you don't have to worry about the car falling on you with weak jackstands,etc.. also doing it yourself will grow hair on your chest!!!! trust me, you will feel this huge sense of accomplishment getting up from the car after the oil change with grease all over you...Youtube has aton of DIY oil change videos.

I 'm using Mobil1 Full Synthetic Oil :banana::banana: and I change my oil filter everytime..it's only 5 bucks.

after that...it's transmission fluid :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts