Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the Flex first to do a light polish and seal on the gf's nee toyota. Today, it was my turn for a full detail on my accord. Washed and clayed after work last night, then woke up early to get started before heading in to work in the afternoon.

Used Wolfgang Uber compound, finishing glaze and deep gloss paint sealant. Tangerine hydro tech pads for polish at speed of 5, 4-5 passes per section. White CCS pads for glaze, speed 4 and 2-3 passes.

Before:

After:

5 hours of work for the polish, glaze and seal. Im pleased with it for my experience level. Im hoping to eventually apply cquartz and would lize to push just a bit further before coating but it looks great for now.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Given your before pictures, why did you feel the need to compound? Overkill in my opinion and you removed more (factory thin) clear than you needed to.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,854 Posts
I don't know that it was needed either but the Wolfgang compound finishes like no other compound. Their "glaze" is actually a finishing polish and is required after the compound. I think just the glaze could have been used but none of us actually saw the surface before anything was done except for jrock. The finish looks marvelous, another tribute to your hard work and Wolfgang products. Their sealant is really among the best looking I've ever used. Well done sir.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The before shot looked better than I thought it really was. Reflections looked much more blurry to me in person.

Also, I used a medium polish pad- the tangerine hydro, so it wasn't that hard of a cut. Certainly not like I went at it with wool or MF.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You need consistent lighting to get a true before and after but the after reflection looks very nice. You made quick work of it if you did compound and polish in 5 hours!

I did my dads old truck (compound only - looks great and no need to do a finishing polish) and it took me a good 3 evenings after work at about 2 to 3 hours each night to complete it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need consistent lighting to get a true before and after but the after reflection looks very nice. You made quick work of it if you did compound and polish in 5 hours!

I did my dads old truck (compound only - looks great and no need to do a finishing polish) and it took me a good 3 evenings after work at about 2 to 3 hours each night to complete it.
It really is a satisfying feeling, though. Love it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha - you're completely screwed now. You should see the section in my basement with all the various bottles of product I "needed" to try!
That's the part that sucks, though. There's other products and pads to try but you can't just keep polishing the car more and more. Eventually, there'll be no more paint! The wax/sealant bug hasn't bitten me.i think I have two of each. They work, I'm happy with them so I don't have any real urge to buy a bunch more. Not until I run out, anyway, but a 12oz tin of paste wax lasts a damn long time.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That's the part that sucks, though. There's other products and pads to try but you can't just keep polishing the car more and more. Eventually, there'll be no more paint! The wax/sealant bug hasn't bitten me.i think I have two of each. They work, I'm happy with them so I don't have any real urge to buy a bunch more. Not until I run out, anyway, but a 12oz tin of paste wax lasts a damn long time.
Paste wax???? What is this paste wax that you speak of???

It's a slippery slope but it happens. Once you invest the time/energy to polish your car you will need to try every quick detailer and spray wax/sealant on the market. Plus Sonax for the wheels and various interior cleaners and don't forget the various rinseless wash products. And of course it all leads to a pressure washer and a metro blaster sidekick (for drying those trick spots) along with 10 different types of microfiber towels and etc.

You may as well head over to Autogeek and create your account now - makes it easier to order stuff without having to enter your info in each time.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Paste wax???? What is this paste wax that you speak of???

It's a slippery slope but it happens. Once you invest the time/energy to polish your car you will need to try every quick detailer and spray wax/sealant on the market. Plus Sonax for the wheels and various interior cleaners and don't forget the various rinseless wash products. And of course it all leads to a pressure washer and a metro blaster sidekick (for drying those trick spots) along with 10 different types of microfiber towels and etc.

You may as well head over to Autogeek and create your account now - makes it easier to order stuff without having to enter your info in each time.

True, True....Yep..I got the Sonax..and the microfiber towels..but I stick with Zaino for my finish, but I do spend a lot on that stuff, Wifey says I spend more on polish/supplies than I do her. (NOT) :grin

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
True, True....Yep..I got the Sonax..and the microfiber towels..but I stick with Zaino for my finish, but I do spend a lot on that stuff, Wifey says I spend more on polish/supplies than I do her. (NOT) :grin
My wife has given up - she doesn't make any snarky comments anymore and just lets me do my thing. I think she should be happy I'm not into guns or hookers or whatnot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts