Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2009 Acura TL and I want to put a subwoofer in it. I have a 500W speaker at 2 ohm, an Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp, and an Audio Control LC2i.

Will an 8ga power wire (required by this version amp) be enough to run the amp and the LC2i? I'm assuming the LC2i will not need much power. I want to run the power wire all the way to the back and then put a distribution block to go into the LC2i. I believe it needs a 12ga power and ground.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you shouldn't have any problems running 8ga wire on your amp, and for the LC2 you can just run 14ga is fine
Thank you. Can I come directly off the AMP power wire once it's in the trunk? Is there an easy way to splice into that? I don't see any 8ga to 14ga distribution blocks. Or do I run a separate 14ga from the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
seatssuck, you can just tap the power from the 8ga with the 14ga wire to your LC2. IMO i would run 4ga wire instead of 8ga wire for your amp.

the only problem is our honda accord battery may not have enough power, your lights may start to dim when you are cranking up the music, or you might have to install 2nd battery in your car to prevent your other battery from draining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts