Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How am I supposed to run speaker wire past this molex connector? I don't really want to drill a hole in the door, especially considering ill have to take the door off to do so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm guessing that the driver door? If so, some guys are looking at a place to drill through the molex for the drivers door. Passenger door is easier from what I've read. That's my next task...not one I'm looking forward to but after that I'm home free on the system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing that the driver door? If so, some guys are looking at a place to drill through the molex for the drivers door. Passenger door is easier from what I've read. That's my next task...not one I'm looking forward to but after that I'm home free on the system.
Yea i did the passenger side and was relieved with how well it went, then i see this shit on the driver's side:rant:. I don't know why Honda didn't just do the same thing on both sides. My first thought was to drill a hole in the connector that i could just slide the wires through, but it doesn't seem like there is any space big enough to drill through without hitting wires. I'm thinking about trying to splice my speaker wire into the connector but that seems pretty difficult considering the space i have to work in.

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
Maybe you can see if there are any wires that are not bing used. Then cut off that wire and attach your wire to it on both sides of the molex.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the door boot clips into the door so i just unclipped the molex connector and let it hang in the door. Since the molex connector is not clipped into the door the speaker wire has space to run through the rubber boot and through the hole in the door. The molex connector is wrapped with foam to prevent rattles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts