Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought some new 17x7 +40 konig lightnings for my 07 v6 sedan on 215/50R17s, i was looking at doing the megan racing springs for a 2 inch drop and i believe i still wouldnt have to worry about fender rolling but now im considering coilovers and shooting for a 3 inch drop. i would also think about spacers in the future since i hate how sunken in the wheels on our cars look when dropped low, but im fairly certain at that point that would require some rolling, so maybe i'll hold that off for the future. but is the 3 inch drop without rolling plausible?

· ziptie princess
2,436 Posts
you might get occasional rubbing in the rear with 215s, especially if you ever have passengers.

my car is dropped 3+ inches with 17x7 +40 front / 17x7 +38 rear and 205/50-17s and very rarely got rubbing before flattening the inner lips of the rear fenders (my spares are 17x7 +35 and i wanted extra clearance)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you might get occasional rubbing in the rear with 215s, especially if you ever have passengers.

my car is dropped 3+ inches with 17x7 +40 front / 17x7 +38 rear and 205/50-17s and very rarely got rubbing before flattening the inner lips of the rear fenders (my spares are 17x7 +35 and i wanted extra clearance)
hmm ok appreciated, so if i wanted to get some spacers and take it to +30 you’d say fender rolling is probably a necessity right?

· ziptie princess
2,436 Posts
depends on your ride height but yea

also keep in mind you aren't going to want square offset, these cars tend to have a slight front wheel poke when you start getting into more aggressive wheel sizes. a 17x7 +40 in the front is just about flush with the wheel arches, while in the rear you're gonna want somewhere between another 2-5mm at least.

i personally wouldn't go more than a 17x7 +35 in the front because it starts to look goofy unless you add enough camber to tuck the wheels but yolo

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depends on your ride height but yea

also keep in mind you aren't going to want square offset, these cars tend to have a slight front wheel poke when you start getting into more aggressive wheel sizes. a 17x7 +40 in the front is just about flush with the wheel arches, while in the rear you're gonna want somewhere between another 2-5mm at least.

i personally wouldn't go more than a 17x7 +35 in the front because it starts to look goofy unless you add enough camber to tuck the wheels but yolo
am i weird for actually enjoying that slightly poking out wheel look? i think it looks great when lowered a good amount but that might just be me tbh, id much rather have it look like that vs the sunken in look that we get on stock offset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts