Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flashpro is on the way!

The latest Flashpro Manager beta software includes stock and example tuned maps for the I4 and V6 Accords. Really interesting because you can look at what the stock tunes look like re: fueling and ignition

Link to download: Downloads

Once you download and install, go to help --> check for updates, and download the latest beta (2.2.4).

Some quick facts that I've gleaned so far:

1. You can disable VCM for the AT cars (this is what was holding up the release)
  2. You can tune speed density (MAP fuel tables)
  3. You can disable the secondary O2
  4. You appear to have full control over the speed limiter
  5. There's an interesting dip in ignition timing from 5K-6K RPM
  6. Hondata includes tuned basemaps for stock, SRI, and CAI + HFPC + J Pipe

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
282 Posts
You 9th gen guys are so lucky.... boost tables!

Almost a good enough reason to trade in for one...

EDIT: just want to say, I think Ktuner is way better in every possible way other wise. He actually communicates with the community and all around cares so much more.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good info and choices are good.

Up to you to choose what level of service and support you want and like.

KTuner has ALWAYS answered my phone calls or e-mails very quickly. Explains things pretty well to non pros. And IMHO goes the extra mile for customer support. I would never step away from the KTuner platform.

Not saying FlashPro is good or bad, just been absent for some time on the 9th Gen.

There is more to a product then just the product. And when you can call or e-mail someone and they are very responsive, that is what you need, Customer Support. That will be what makes or breaks your experience.

Interested in how this product works.

As to features I did not see anything listed that KTuner does not have already.

Now if a certain motor blowing idiot would remove his slander from his lying signature my life would be complete on this topic.

·
Blinded by the light
1,754 Posts
Very interesting that they were able to disable VCM (something KTuner didn't have when I owned it). This seems like a feature that will really change driveability, but at the expense of MPG. Are there any other AT specific features?

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting that they were able to disable VCM (something KTuner didn't have when I owned it). This seems like a feature that will really change driveability, but at the expense of MPG. Are there any other AT specific features?
-Separate ignition and knock tables specifically for VCM operation
-Stock, VTEC engagement on the AT models was at 5150 not 4900
-Stock, fuel cut delay on the overrun was about twice as long as the manual trans cars.
-Stock, AT cars have different throttle mapping than the manual trans cars. AT cars have throttle opening as a function of pedal position only, while MT cars have throttle opening as a function of pedal position and RPM (higher RPM, same pedal application opens the throttle more).
-MT cars have higher ignition basically across the board at a first glance, which corresponds to reaching MBT at a higher level than the AT cars
-Looking at the knock ignition limit tables (KIL) in conjunction with the ignition tables, you'll see that AT cars don't appear to take timing as well as MT cars on the high cam but do have room to advance on the low cam (according to Honda)
-Looking at the knock retard tables, you'll see that AT and MT cars have the same sensitivity to octane on the high cam (about 8 degrees of timing pulled between (R+M)/2 95 vs 85 octane). But AT cars will pull timing on low octane a lot more on the low cam, at higher loads, which (in conjunction with all the above points) makes me think that the AT cars have a very different low cam profile with less overlap and higher dynamic compression.

Lots of interesting stuff here and lots more to look at. And of course all of this can be changed.

·
Registered
983 Posts
So the AT goes off of TPS (pedal position) and MT uses RPM too. That seems logical.

There is a pretty good amount on the low cam as well as on the top cam to get more as far as MT I4 goes on 93 octane which makes a huge difference in it's self. I have watched the cam profiles progress and some time is spent on low cam for drivability is very important.

One thing KTuner is accused of is being a bit conservative with his software/tune. I think he likes it that way. Reliability of your car is important.

That is why you need a tune to get this just right. And I was told That running 93 opens some doors on tuning this Honda motor.

Very cool that you are into this and learning the differences and showing them to us.

I never would have stopped and thought about AT and MT tuning difference.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the AT goes off of TPS (pedal position) and MT uses RPM too. That seems logical.

There is a pretty good amount on the low cam as well as on the top cam to get more as far as MT I4 goes on 93 octane which makes a huge difference in it's self. I have watched the cam profiles progress and some time is spent on low cam for drivability is very important.

One thing KTuner is accused of is being a bit conservative with his software/tune. I think he likes it that way. Reliability of your car is important.

That is why you need a tune to get this just right. And I was told That running 93 opens some doors on tuning this Honda motor.

Very cool that you are into this and learning the differences and showing them to us.

I was talking about the V6s but I can take a look at the I4 tomorrow.

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
135 Posts
I had a fp on my 08 si and I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of getting this fp for my 14 mt even though its stock. I'm still thumbing through the features. FYI the Bluetooth smart phone interface is very entertaining.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

FYI the I4 CVT vs MT tunes appear to be identical on all accounts, which makes sense as the motors are exactly the same (unlike the J35Y1 AT and J35Y2 MT motors).

·
8thCivic.comRidesPoles
16 Posts
Thanks Cour. And yea, the MP62 powered Si will be parted out in the coming weeks. It was simply time for it to go.

I ended up finding the only MSM 6-6 Coupe (MY2013) within 500 miles from me several weeks ago. The rev hang, and clutch delay valve on the slave, continues to piss me off.

Edit: I don't recall your screen name - Was it the same on the 8th?

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope my screen name was lurker because, literally, I was a lurker. Had. I/H/E/FP '10 FA5 that I sold for a '15 WOP 6-6.

Trying to do the clutch valve delete and try to make the motor feel "lighter" (the Si was so quick to blip the throttle). I think it's the heavy dual mass flywheel on these cars though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the flash pro in my opinion is better than K-tuner.

1 they have been in the game longer.
2 they have been absent on the 9th gen accord because they were making a better tuning software as you can see way more tuning options.
3 they probably don't answer your emails as fast enough simply because they are just a larger company. when you are a smaller company like Ktuner its easy to reply back to people in a timely manner.

im sure K-tuner is a great software but when it comes to being in the game longer I think Hondata hands down for years has always stepped up to the plate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can achieve same results from both when in the right hands..i chose flash pro simply since I've had prior experience years back. It's pretty simple to flash a base tune. The app also comes in handy when wanting to monitor systems and check codes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont know about the " SAME" results. You have more features that opens the door to more efficient reading of your engine. you are not limited. I think Hondata could achieve better numbers based on the ability to read your engine's capability with the more extensive features they have in comparison to K-tuner.

·
Registered
841 Posts

its funny you say that about the tuning differences between the AT vs MT. I wouldnt have thought about that either until i recently read that the V6MT (j35z3) has a compression ratio of 10:1 vs the other j35's at 10.5:1. spark delivery and fuel type would vary greatly for the sake of the motor. I know we're talking completely different engine types but i thought the info was worth the post.

Reactions: LAF
1 - 20 of 46 Posts