Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a pretty warm day so I dropped my Odyssey off at Fletcher Jones to get the oxygen sensor replaced. While that was being taken care of, I went home and cleaned up my Accord.

When I went back to pick up my Odyssey, I noticed serious damage when I drove out of the dealership. Bad enough that the metal is exposed! What a bad end of the week.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
This totally sux, I hope you brought the vehicle back immediately?!

This is why I always try to remember to have a good look of my car after it had work done at a shop, much easier to prove the case before I drove out of their parking lot.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This totally sux, I hope you brought the vehicle back immediately?!

This is why I always try to remember to have a good look of my car after it had work done at a shop, much easier to prove the case before I drove out of their parking lot.
The way they bring the cars out, the passenger side is blocked so you can only see the driver side but from now on I'll check more clearly.

I drove back immediately and the guys at the dealership denied it since I left the dealership already. I said I would call the police if they didn't take responsibility. They had cameras I'm sure. The manager then looked at it and told me to come back in two weeks to have it fixed!

I can't even open the sliding door now.:boohoo:

This dealership has been disappointing. Last time they messed up the door trim on my Accord.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,204 Posts
The manager then looked at it and told me to come back in two weeks to have it fixed!
2 weeks should be plenty of time for them to forget the whole incident and deny any wrong doing. Did they document anything?

I'd take it back ASAP, leave it with them, and tell them you expect it to be fixed in under 2 weeks to your satisfaction. Don't forget to get a loaner car.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
^ +1, I would have the manager put everything in writing and sign it.

I have moved this thread to Dealers and Shops, and added the dealership name and location to the thread title.

·
2013 Accord EXL I4
44 Posts
I agree with the others. Do not take "delivery" of the vehicle. Return it, ask for a replacement vehicle and have them fix it.

PS I can tell you have an 05-07 by the wheels :)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Agree with everyone. Take the car back and make them document the incident, have them signed and get a copy of the document. Tell them you'll call American Honda on the spot if they try to deny their responsibility. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts