Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Available today, Hondata releases Flex Fuel support for the 2.0 Accord.

Download here: https://www.hondata.com/software

There are two built in calibrations, one for MT and the other AT.

For a stock 2.0 + 50 HP and + 100 lb ft torque more than a stock Accord.
E40-E50 is the range to shoot for.
From E55 to E85 the boost is reduced to stay within the capacity of the DI fuel pump.

https://www.hondata.com/flex-fuel-calculator

Our data indicates this makes more power than a CTR turbo upgrade with a much lower investment.

·
Past Doritos Spinner
4,052 Posts
Is the fuel system and engine designed to handle ethanol rich fuel above 15% concentration?
Stock is actually designed for 10%, as most modern cars are.

Yeah, not sure if a stock fuel system will be fine.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have run a daily driver Civic Si, with a stock fuel system, on full E85 for over a year. Brazil pump fuel is 25-27% ethanol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
E40-E50 is the range to shoot for.
From E55 to E85 the boost is reduced to stay within the capacity of the DI fuel pump.
So is there any detriment from running E85 with the flex fuel basemap? Wondering if it will lose power or anything because of less energy content. Thought maybe the additional cooling might offset that.

Edit: Oh wait, you said the boost would be reduced, so it would make less power; oops. I was thinking you meant the boost couldn't be increased any more than the E40-E50 boost level, but that's not what you said. K, my bad

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Siri Moto description for the flex fuel kit says you have to have a red flash pro. I don’t see a red flashpro on the Hondata website? I was also curious if you can have a stage 2 tune and traction control all at the same time? How much power would we be looking at if that is the case?

·
Registered
18 Posts
They mean red Kpro as in non-CARB race version. Apparently the CARB Kpro is blue.
Yeah traction control on top of any tune!

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Customer feedback:

I just wanted to say we installed the flex fuel kit yesterday. All I can say is wow! You truly know what you’re doing. This Accord is the best of both worlds fast and efficient. Thank you so much.
Chris

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looking at that torque curve has me wondering how the stock rods will hold up on ethanol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the stock tune, the torque ramps up quickly as well. Americans tend to like "low end grunt" in their vehicles. :)

Hondata and others have tested this basemap without issue. Of course, with the race FlashPro you're free to get a custom tune that would broaden out the torque curve if that's what you want.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts
Looking at that torque curve has me wondering how the stock rods will hold up on ethanol.
Or the transmission for that matter. Unfortunately pump ethanol is hard to find in the Seattle metro area.

·
Registered
138 Posts
On the stock tune, the torque ramps up quickly as well. Americans tend to like "low end grunt" in their vehicles. :)

Hondata and others have tested this basemap without issue. Of course, with the race FlashPro you're free to get a custom tune that would broaden out the torque curve if that's what you want.
Well safety testing and long term reliability testing are two different things. I've seen a lot of threads in the GTR world of rods escaping from blocks because of very aggressive torque curves (as well as owners going WOT at low RPM).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well safety testing and long term reliability testing are two different things. I've seen a lot of threads in the GTR world of rods escaping from blocks because of very aggressive torque curves (as well as owners going WOT at low RPM).
That's true, but keep in mind the 10th Gen 1.5T Civics have been running this kind of setup for quite awhile. Although the Accord 2.0T motor is obviously different, we have reason to believe Honda has made the 2.0T a very stout motor just like the 1.5T. Again though, if the steep torque ramp up (although fun) doesn't sit well with you then a custom tune will solve that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flex fuel was worth an easy 1/2 second 0-60 improvement in my 10 AT.
Are there any concerns about the longevity of the transmission with the increased numbers on the AT? Would love to eventually do this on my Touring, but I'm going to wait and see how this goes for others first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are there any concerns about the longevity of the transmission with the increased numbers on the AT? Would love to eventually do this on my Touring, but I'm going to wait and see how this goes for others first.
This is a tough question to answer, but I will say that the longevity is much much more favorable than if this Accord had a CVT transmission like the 1.5T Accords. In reality, the CVT unit could probably not even withstand the factory torque output of the 2.0T motor.

And another amazing Hondata video showing what happens when you add E85 Flex Fuel to a Type R turbo swap setup. This is what you want if you need your Accord 2.0T to keep up with BMW M3's!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts