Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The aftermarket turbo drop in for the accords is going to be fun, I am dreaming of a slightly larger than the type r, more efficient aftermarket drop in turbo. Early christmas present anyone, I hope other manufacturers like PRL are working on prototypes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So far the Flex Fuel is the best single power added besides a tune. I haven't seen Flex Fuel power levels with just FBO and 93 octane, but in theory it is possible I guess. You would definitely get more peak torque with E85 no matter what though. I think it would take around 100 octane to match the E85 power and torque in most cases.

I'm not sure if the new Accord's DI pump will drop in to the Type R's engine though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How hard is it to add the flex fuel mod? What kits are people using?... And does this kill your warranty or what?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
21 Posts
The aftermarket turbo drop in for the accords is going to be fun, I am dreaming of a slightly larger than the type r, more efficient aftermarket drop in turbo. Early christmas present anyone, I hope other manufacturers like PRL are working on prototypes.
I know Pep Boys has a part as a drop in solution. I'd be interested to see what that does in an Accord.......either way, hopefully there are cheap for my broke arse!

I don't know.

How hard is it to add the flex fuel mod? What kits are people using?... And does this kill your warranty or what?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Just pay a shop, man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bump to an older thread, I got my ktuner Friday and noticed it has a flex fuel map within.

Has anyone tried this in conjunction with their OTS maps?

I'm wondering if it is a simple fuel trim adjustment and that's it, with spark tuning required by user?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You'll need to purchase a Flex Fuel Kit (like the SiriMoto one) in order to use the flex fuel map. It's not just a simple trim adjustment because the map needs to dynamically take into account the output of the ethanol sensor in order to figure out the optimal ignition timing. Three are also some cranking compensation values and other variables tied to the ethanol concentration.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts