Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching all weather mats for my accord, but I'm a bit confused on the difference between the floor mats and the digital floor liners... The only difference I see is 50-70 increase in price for the floor liners. Can someone explain the difference and maybe the benefits of the one you would suggest?

I also was looking at the Honda brand, weather tech, and husky.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
The liners go above and beyond the floor level, protecting additionals areas of the footwell, compared to standard floor mats

·
Registered
46 Posts
The liners are moulded to the shape of the floor and are almost like buckets that hold the stuff ( snow, ice, dirt, mud, rain etc ) that might get in your car. They fit the contour of the floor perfectly. You can lift the liner out, not have to worry about any nasty stuff getting out, hose and wash them down, let them dry and put them back in. Repeat as necessary !

I have the WeatherTechs. Not inexpensive but worth every penny in my opinion. I even put the cargo liner in the trunk.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Liners FTW! :yes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll never say any expensive floor mats/liners are "worth every penny" but I did buy the weathertech liners in a moment of weakness.

In the end, they're still just floor mats but I have a very, very hard time imagining any that could be better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok. Thanks. How do you like these so far? Do you wish you had of went with the huskys or weather tech?
i have no problems with the ARIES 3D at all they are very tight form fitted, no gaps, no i just didnt like huskys or WT look.

after viewing countless pics and videos, i felt all 3 does a great job keeping liquid, mud, etc... on the mat.

so since function and fit are basically a tie on all 3

i decided to go with ARIES 3D bcuz i felt they looked more aesthetically more pleasing

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
I've been researching all weather mats for my accord, but I'm a bit confused on the difference between the floor mats and the digital floor liners... The only difference I see is 50-70 increase in price for the floor liners. Can someone explain the difference and maybe the benefits of the one you would suggest?
I have put the Husky Weatherbeaters in several cars now and do so for the high sides on them. Getting in the car with your feet covered in salty slush which melts onto the liner. Standard flat floor liners like the OEM Honda "winter" liners I looked at the day I bought my car allow the salty slush to melt and run off to the edge of the liners and you have some awesome salt stains and perhaps rust under them in the spring. My Husky liners hold the water on the mat with their high sides. Worth the money IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts