Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
trt1969
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I added a nice little Alpine amp and Alpine speakers and was still not happy with the sound coming from the FM tuner in my car (LX-S Coupe). CD and IPod sounded great, but the radio was still flat and muffled sounding. I read a lot of posts about people adding a second tuner where the little pocket is below the HVAC controls, but that was too drastic for me. My solution was to by a Visteon HD Jump hd radio tuner for the car. I bought the tuner (new) for $21.50 off Ebay and spent another $12.00 on Honda antenna adapters and my problem is solved. I spent a few hours wiring it in so it does not look like a total hack job and I am pretty happy with the results. It basically looks like an after market Sirius tuner. It sounds worlds better and now I have lots more channels on both FM and AM. I am playing it through my auxiliary input because playing it through the FM modulator still has the signal going through the crappy FM tuner. Just thought that I would share a cost effective solution for those who can't stand the way the factory sounds. Sorry the pic orientation is off!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
Pictures or it never happened

·
Registered
941 Posts
Isnt it a pretty involved install? Id love to add xm or at least have decent radio but the install just looks too laborious to be worth it for me. Dont listen to much radio anyway.

·
trt1969
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look up radio removal for 2013 Honda Accord on YouTube and you will find a video from Sonic electronics that will guide you through the radio removal. It was not fun, but it was not horrible either. The hardest part was getting the underneath bolts out and then back in for the radio, you will need a small mirror. The only exposed wire is the one coming from under the radio to the aux input.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Look up radio removal for 2013 Honda Accord on YouTube and you will find a video from Sonic electronics that will guide you through the radio removal. It was not fun, but it was not horrible either. The hardest part was getting the underneath bolts out and then back in for the radio, you will need a small mirror. The only exposed wire is the one coming from under the radio to the aux input.
I've pulled my radio out to upgrade my entire sound system. I'd just thought the antenna was in the headliner and you had to pull it down to mess with it.

·
trt1969
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need to touch the antenna in the headliner. You intercept it at the back of the radio using '09 and up Honda antenna adapters. It is a total plug and play install except for the power cable which I cheated on. I spliced in a cigarette lighter adapter and snaked thought the dash and center counsel and have it coming up and over the side of it to plug in. Only I see the cord so I am ok with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts