Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 accord v6 6spd mt 2 door. My dad had a 2006 v6 6spd mt 4 door and his came with fog lights and auto lights. I'm guessing mine is an ex while his was an ex-l but basically what I'm wondering is how hard it is to add fog lights and maybe even auto lights. I know for auto lights I would have to install the sensor on the dash but I'm really disappointed that my accord doesnt have auto headlights.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I installed my fog lights a couple years ago using the factory kit and at this point, the most difficult is probably going to be finding a complete kit because the harnesses aren't available from Honda anymore. Try looking for a Depo kit as they're basically the same kit. Instructions can be found from the bernardi website.

As for the Auto lights, I didn't even know that was an option for the 7th gen. If someone has the instructions, I would love to add them to my V6 AT Sedan too

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
367 Posts
There is no V6 EX-L, all V6s came with leather seats. The foglights were a dealer option, they were probably added by a dealer when the car was new.

Looks the factory foglight kit is discontinued though. I got a factory kit not even a year ago. If you can find a factory kit (looks like Depo does still have copies of the factory kit) it's a relatively simple install. The Honda instructions explain it very well step-by-step, and most of the wiring is already in the car. The only really tricky part is inserting the pins into engine bay wiring harness. Make sure you've got the right slot before you insert them, because they're damn hard to get back out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts