Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
乌龙队
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to do a fog delete on my Accord EX-L sedan. I was wondering if I could get the LX fog covers and install it onto my fog light spot after I remove them.

I believe this is the fog covers part:

71102-T2A-A10
71112-T2A-A10

Parts 5 & 6.

Can anyone confirm that for me? Thanks in advance! :thmsup:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I am planning to do a fog delete on my Accord EX-L sedan. I was wondering if I could get the LX fog covers and install it onto my fog light spot after I remove them.

I believe this is the fog covers part:

71102-T2A-A10
71112-T2A-A10

Parts 5 & 6.

Can anyone confirm that for me? Thanks in advance! :thmsup:
Silly question. Why are you removing the fog lights? Just don't turn them on and no one will notice them. I think the LX covers look cheap.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Silly question. Why are you removing the fog lights? Just don't turn them on and no one will notice them. I think the LX covers look cheap.
I have always wanted to buy the Lx covers to design an additional DRL. I have the coupe exl v6!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think I found them now:

71102-T2A-A00

Items 2 & 8
That looks right - the part numbers match what's stamped on my covers. Obviously there's more to the process than the covers and you would probably want to follow the installation instructions in reverse, but you should be able to just pop off the brackets/garnishes/trims and clip the covers in their place. If you want the switch gone, you'll also need P/N 35255-T2A-K12, which is the turn signal from the LX. That would make it easier to turn around and sell the parts as a kit, if you're so inclined.

However, not to tell you what to do with your car, but I agree with Flyboy. I just added fog lights on my LX, partly because of the practicality and partly because the covers make it so obnoxiously noticeable that they're missing. Why do you want them gone?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The post right above yours says he wants to design an additional DRL

·
Registered
842 Posts
The post right above yours says he wants to design an additional DRL
That's not the OP, and he's also talking about a coupe vs. the OP's sedan. Just curious about the OP's perspective as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ok, confused. Why remove them? People pay to have them installed. Plus I agree with the rest of the group. The lx covers look bad

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
We're all wondering why to want to remove them. My car has fogs but I never use them. Having said that, I still wouldn't want to get rid of them and cover the holes with cheap looking plugs. :scratch:

·
Registered
684 Posts
We're all wondering why to want to remove them. My car has fogs but I never use them. Having said that, I still wouldn't want to get rid of them and cover the holes with cheap looking plugs. :scratch:
Me too. I've got the Hybrid EX-L but there's no fog lights. I think they add to the look of the car and feel let down a teeny tiny bit that my car doesn't have them. And, I don't think you can add them to a hybrid. I think that space is used for air intake for cooling on the hybrid.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's not the OP, and he's also talking about a coupe vs. the OP's sedan. Just curious about the OP's perspective as well.
That's what I get for doing this on a phone. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts