Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 v6 ex sedan. I am in the process of doing a 07 bumper conversion. I wanted to add fog lights but I can't seem to find info on wiring. I wanted the inspire fob lights but I did not want to cut the bumper. Do anyone make a plug and play that would have have all wiring for 04 but the figment for the 07 bumper. I don't think it matters but I also ordered a 9006 Morimoto hid kit from trs (based on info I have read in this forum). Any input would be appreciated on brand, kind, where to buy ect...

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sorry mate - you are NOT going to install Inspire style fog lights WITHOUT chopping your bumper to make them fit ... for a better idea of how much cutting you need to do, just check out my progress thread.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/181553-betty-white-progress-thread.html

*go to post #9 for the fog light specific pics and links to the install thread.
Basically this. Bobbo's thread is also a great place for information as he is very meticulous with the Mrs.

If you are careful, it really shouldn't be that bad. Just have a solid dremel, know your shape, and never cut too much. From what I have read/seen in the conversion, you would be very happy with the work you put into it for the inspire fogs.

On that HID kit from TRS, did you also order a set of projectors to put those HID bulbs into? Althought it's not usually enforced, HID plug n' play kits are not legal to run inside of our stock, halogen based, headlamp. You will be losing light output instead of gaining it if not put into a projector where the light can be taken full advantage of.

Reactions: bobbo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to obtain some additional info. The question that I still have is what switch and fog light to order. Since my car is a 04 and my bumper is a 07 which do I order. Do I order the 04 or 07 kit?

I found this kit on amazon but it states for a 06-07 sedan and other kits on eBay state the same thing.

·
I detail my car, a lot.
783 Posts
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to obtain some additional info. The question that I still have is what switch and fog light to order. Since my car is a 04 and my bumper is a 07 which do I order. Do I order the 04 or 07 kit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BT296IU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00A9JKKRU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1W4Q70M5TJRN7FM3Q3T1

I found this kit on amazon but it states for a 06-07 sedan and other kits on eBay state the same thing.
You would want to order the 06-07 kit off eBay or Amazon, the year of the car doesn't matter as long at they fit in the bumper. You could put 07 fogs in the 04 bumper if you cut enough haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts