Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a fog light kit off of Ebay and installed them. Everything fit well except for the button they gave me for the cabin. It was a piece of junk that didn't click right so they wouldn't stay on. I snagged an OEM button for a Honda Fit that is coming in the mail soon and it looks like it should fit. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.

I am powering them off of the AC fuse since I had a hard time trying to tap into the main fuse plug under the hood. Didn't see an appropriate place to tap it in. This way works better because I can operate them separately from the headlight and parking lights. I like the look of parking lights and fogs on, with no head lights - like when it is daytime or right before dusk.

This project was long overdue in my opinion, especially because of the black plastic piece below the headlights. It is just asking to be replaced with fogs! They should come from the factory with fogs, or at least the higher trims should and I don't think they do. Those of you with 7th gens know how I feel. It looks great with something actually there now, but also makes a big difference for visibility driving at night too.

Any input is appreciated, enjoy.

1.jpg

6.jpg

12.jpg

photo (14).jpg

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
What kind of bulbs do you have in your fogs? I agree we have the same car and those plastic black covers were just an eyesore. Looks good! I found an empty circuit that I ran my fogs on. Oh and I too have the eBay fogs. Work great!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice accord :) i got the ebay fogs too and i took my switch button apart and glued it with epoxy glueso i wouldnt fall apart and so it would click right. Works great.

·
2020 CBP Touring
682 Posts
Looks good. Glad you got it done.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of bulbs do you have in your fogs? I agree we have the same car and those plastic black covers were just an eyesore. Looks good! I found an empty circuit that I ran my fogs on. Oh and I too have the eBay fogs. Work great!
- I actually didn't check what type of bulb...I used the ones they came with and they are pretty bright. (Maybe switch to some "bluer/white" ones sometime) The bulb itself looks similar to the regular low beam bulbs for headlights and such, but I don't know if it is actually the same. Love them already, wish I would have done it sooner. :banana:

Which buyer did you guys buy the ebay fogs from? And you didn't have to do any splicing of the wires?
- Here is the link, the seller was K2 Motor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12088214396...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5865wt_1185

I did no splicing. The lights are powered off of fuses from the cabin fuse box. It was easier for me to do it that way, although others may prefer them wired more OEM off of the engine fuse box. That is where they would be powered if you bought it with fogs from the factory. Hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where do you live? Your neighborhood looks really nice! I agree I haven't installed mine but every time I see the spot where they go makes me a little sad.. I'm considering the inspire style fogs..

2006 Honda accord i4 ex-l with 77,000miles

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats, those look great.

Fogs have on the extreme back burner due to the plug blowout bill, and my recent t/belt/valve/sway work, and because the OEM kit is 230 (and I'd need two). But $45? man, that changes the whole equation.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, those look great.

Fogs have on the extreme back burner due to the plug blowout bill, and my recent t/belt/valve/sway work, and because the OEM kit is 230 (and I'd need two). But $45? man, that changes the whole equation.
So you are saying they get really hot? Haha sorry I'm not quite understanding, but yeah mine was 45 total much lower than the 250 for OEM.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Haha, no, I mean much lower on the priority list, given that I've spent about $2k on the cars recently. $490 is much harder to swallow than $90.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, no, I mean much lower on the priority list, given that I've spent about $2k on the cars recently. $490 is much harder to swallow than $90.
Ah! makes much more sense now haha. And yeah as long as the ebay fogs hold up it is much easier to justify. Whenever you get the chance to get fogs you will be impressed. I am happier than I thought I would be hah. :lmao:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ah! makes much more sense now haha. And yeah as long as the ebay fogs hold up it is much easier to justify. Whenever you get the chance to get fogs you will be impressed. I am happier than I thought I would be hah. :lmao:
Yeah, definitely report back on how they hold up. I'm constantly wishing for more light... I got the HIR2's and that was a big step up, but I'm sure the fogs would really help. They look fantastic on the car, too. So much better than those darn covers. Heck, maybe $45 is worth it for the looks, even if they don't work!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
So do the fog lights time out when the key is off or you have to remember to turn off at the switch each time?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So do the fog lights time out when the key is off or you have to remember to turn off at the switch each time?
Yes, the fogs will turn off when the key is off. The key has to be in the 2nd position (that turns AC and radio and stuff on) or obviously the engine running.

They are wired off of the AC so they are only operable when the AC is. When the car is running or the click right before it. Technically I could leave the switch on all the time and they would turn on and off when I turn my car on and off. :thmsup:

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
I've had mine since December. They are holding up great!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks bro, pulled the trigger on them. Haha. Hopefully I can get them to work, not too good with wiring. Is there a DIY that you followed?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks bro, pulled the trigger on them. Haha. Hopefully I can get them to work, not too good with wiring. Is there a DIY that you followed?
I had someone with me to make sure everything went smoothly because I have a limited knowledge when it comes to wiring.

Since the lights didn't come with instructions I did a bunch of research prior to installing. Good forums for fog light installs here on DA, and youtube has some as well. Some say take off the bumper, but I didn't and it wasn't that hard.

Be sure to update the final result! Good luck! :thmsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where do you live? Your neighborhood looks really nice! I agree I haven't installed mine but every time I see the spot where they go makes me a little sad.. I'm considering the inspire style fogs..

2006 Honda accord i4 ex-l with 77,000miles
- Hey thanks, that house is NOT mine. haha. One of the bigger ones in the neighborhood. I really do like the inspire fogs a lot, but I guess between time and money this was what I came to. There are a couple people on here with them and I always have liked them.

Nice accord :) i got the ebay fogs too and i took my switch button apart and glued it with epoxy glueso i wouldnt fall apart and so it would click right. Works great.

- I took your advice and did the same. I ordered a fog light button OEM for a Honda Fit, which looked like it would fit from the picture, but its slightly too big and the connection isn't right. Very close though. Glued the original one with gorilla glue and it works perfectly. I actually leave the button pushed so they just turn on when I start my engine. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts