Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to get the OEM fog lights for my LX-S coupe, but am wondering if there is any wiring that needs to be done. I noticed on some posts here that some of you guys that have the EX already had wiring harnesses available inside the bumper, and just needed to add the fog lights, and the switch.

Also, as far as the switch goes, does the OEM go next to the traction control button to the left of the steering wheel? Or is it different and goes on the turn signal lever. Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey guys, I want to get the OEM fog lights for my LX-S coupe, but am wondering if there is any wiring that needs to be done. I noticed on some posts here that some of you guys that have the EX already had wiring harnesses available inside the bumper, and just needed to add the fog lights, and the switch.

Also, as far as the switch goes, does the OEM go next to the traction control button to the left of the steering wheel? Or is it different and goes on the turn signal lever. Thanks! :wave:
The switch for the OEM fogs is on a separate ring on the head light stalk on the steering wheel, at least on the 2011.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
The LX needs a custom wiring setup because there's no stock wirig in the LX. The EX and EX-L have the stock wiring, but they need an additional harness to connect the fogs to the stock wiring while as mentioned, the OEM switch is a replacement of the turn signal/headlight switch.

Since you have an LX, you can do a complete eBay setup that comes with a replacement trim and a button to go next to the VSA button, use your own custom switch, or wire it up so it always tur s on with either your parking lights or headlights. You pretty much have endless possibilities with a fog setup.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The LX needs a custom wiring setup because there's no stock wirig in the LX. The EX and EX-L have the stock wiring, but they need an additional harness to connect the fogs to the stock wiring while as mentioned, the OEM switch is a replacement of the turn signal/headlight switch.

Since you have an LX, you can do a complete eBay setup that comes with a replacement trim and a button to go next to the VSA button, use your own custom switch, or wire it up so it always tur s on with either your parking lights or headlights. You pretty much have endless possibilities with a fog setup.

I like the idea of it being a switch to go next to the VSA button. But I would like the fog lights to go in the front bumper where the OEM fog lights would go. Hmmmm, I'll have to look on ebay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the ebay aftermarket ones should go exactly where the oem ones would on the bumper. You will have to mount them with screws either way. The only difference is that on lx models, there isnt any wiring set for fogs so like aramas said you will have to find a separate way to hook them up. Most people splice into their parking lights though

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 lx-s fog lights problem

HERE THE DILEMA:
I GET THE FOG LIGHTS FROM E-BAY (dimentions: large diameter: 5.5 inc) THEY SAY FITS MY 2011 ACCORD COUPE LX-S which in contrast has the large diameter of 4.5 inch).
Can anybody tell me that ONLY LX-S HAS A 4.5" large diameter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts