Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again (getting cold) when moisture trapped in the cabin starts to condense on the inner surfaces of the windshield and windows. Unfortunately, I had wanted to resolve this last year, but, once it started warming up enough, it was out of sight and out of mind.

The moisture on the inner surface only happens after it's rained or snowed. I've considered the possibility of "tracking" water into the car, but I really don't think this is the case. There's no particular odor. I don't have this problem on days that are absent of precipitation.

I've seen people complain of similar issues, but they almost always have a damp or wet spot in the carpeting on one side or the other. I can't find any such issue. I have a moon roof that doesn't seem to be the source of the issue (good rubber seal/no debris).

The only other thing I've read that made any sense was about a potentially clogged drain tube from the base of the hood (just below the windshield). I read that it sometimes plugs and allows water to flood up over the firewall into the inside. If this is the case, does anyone know where it can be found and/or how to access it?

Any other suggestions for the problem/fix?

I've done the Google searches and forum searches here for answers, but I can't come up with anything that's too helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rancid:

Is this what you speak of? The line does run "inside" the car before draining out from the bottom of the car....pics are later in the thread.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32646
That certainly could be the culprit. I wasn't able to locate any pictures for any other drain tubes (other those those running from sun roofs to the wheel wells). I suppose it doesn't help that I was searching for something other than the A/C drain tube.

Many thanks! I'll post back when I've tried this solution (next week).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts