Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
if you get the yellow one, you're stuck with yellow fogs. at the same time they look crazy dark yellow with yellow fog lights covers. and people will know you have yellow lights when your fogs are off.

&

this is the slight difference, the one on top would be the yellower lights.

with the clear set, you can still get yellow lights and buy yellow overlays if you want, you can always take off the overlays if you change your mind. i would recommend the clear ones. i had the yellow fog lights and got bored of them pretty fast, then i switched them to 6000k, and then 8000k (within a few weeks of each other).

its really your preference.

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you get the yellow one, you're stuck with yellow fogs. at the same time they look crazy dark yellow with yellow fog lights covers. and people will know you have yellow lights when your fogs are off.

&

this is the slight difference, the one on top would be the yellower lights.

with the clear set, you can still get yellow lights and buy yellow overlays if you want, you can always take off the overlays if you change your mind. i would recommend the clear ones. i had the yellow fog lights and got bored of them pretty fast, then i switched them to 6000k, and then 8000k (within a few weeks of each other).

its really your preference.
now i think im going with the clear thanks alot!

·
Registered
851 Posts
dont do yellow, it doesnt look that great just go with clear ~4.3k and then 6k hids

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will not do yellow now, :D now does anyone know if theres any big difference on OEM and aftermarket? and where I can get em for a good price

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
what size bulbs are the fogs on the sedans?

·
The original Bomb Diggity
475 Posts
I had 3k's in my fogs and they were too bright and too yellow so I changed to the yellow halogen bulbs, they look great and do help a lot in rain.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yellow keeps fog lights, truly fog lights-- Hence why they use them in racing (DTM, GT1, etc) where they drive in inclement conditions and you'll frequently see one set being HID (clear/white) and the other being ion yellow (3k hid)...heck, some of the vettes run one hid 'white' projector on one side and another ion yellow hid on the other side-- on at the same time...looks funky, but it must work.

Going clear/white HID to 'match' is more of an aesthetic choice, as the white light produced really doesn't help at all in truly foggy conditions. I see enough fog and country driving that going w/ yellow in the h11 fogs is a vast improvement (even Yellow halogen Putco's) over 5k or 6k hid's in the fog lights... it simply cuts through the haze/fog/snowy sleet white out stuff easier as the yellow spectrum of light does by nature.

The 6k lo's, 6k fogs setup in my '08 looked great...definitely more light output on the road than having any option of halogens in the fogs..but like I said, it didn't do enough for me in crappy weather and I would find myself using the stock hi's (with their yellow halogen look stock) to try and see farther in front of me w/ inclement conditions (not really a good option having to turn them back off as soon as you see another car and honestly, folks who have turned their hi's on in a snow storm know, it's counterproductive).

If you get the proper bulbs, your yellows won't bleed through like the above. I have Hoen Endurance Yellows and I can't even tell mine are on.
Agreed. I see just a hint of yellow throw to my sides as the fogs do have a broader light pattern (as they are supposed to).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts