Votes: 2 50.0%
  • dislike

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
08 Accord Coupe V6 EX-L
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the I4 177hp engine audio properties annoying to you as the I4 190 hp in coupes and EX/EXL sedans are to me?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean if it's as loud as the 190hp one? If so at which rpm range or do you mean all the time?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mines sounds louder at idle compared to my 01 4cly Accord with 165k miles on it. Once it gets going they sound the same. They both sound pretty much the same to me all the way up to redline.

·
Registered
404 Posts
its not that i dont like the 190 hp engine its that i dont like how it weighs 3200 lbs, so 190 hp does nt make my car fast ha

·
08 Accord Coupe V6 EX-L
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess it all has to do with the weight of the vehicle...it's a shame. idk about you super but unless the future accords weigh less i'm not sure if i'll ever consider a new accord with a 4. my mom's 07 I4 sedan is good and i enjoy driving her car.

·
need 6 speed!
2,231 Posts
:dunno: it does say on the brochure that the lx-s and ex i4's have a high flow exhaust system which gives it the extra hp over the lx and lx-p. which could be why its louder.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i guess it all has to do with the weight of the vehicle...it's a shame. idk about you super but unless the future accords weigh less i'm not sure if i'll ever consider a new accord with a 4. my mom's 07 I4 sedan is good and i enjoy driving her car.
I share the 09 with my dad so it was either accord or camry. Thing weighs over 400lbs more than my 97 accord. I can't see them getting any lighter as most people want bigger cars and more equipment. Going with more high strength steel than the 50% they currently use will save more weight. That probably won't happen anytime soon as companies try to cut their production cost.

·
08 Accord Coupe V6 EX-L
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll take your word for it

:dunno: it does say on the brochure that the lx-s and ex i4's have a high flow exhaust system which gives it the extra hp over the lx and lx-p. which could be why its louder.
.:lmao:..the answer was a snake... i should have been bitten.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts