Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the top speed you've reached in your vehicles?
and the highest rpm yiouve shifted at?

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
whats the top speed you've reached in your vehicles?
and the highest rpm yiouve shifted at?
Top Speed probably @ 90mph

Never paid attention to RPM. Shift when it sounds and feels right.

What is the purpose of the question? :dunno:

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to know how many people out there are exercising their accords.
and i also like to know the average rpm people shift at. :banana:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
i want to know how many people out there are exercising their accords.
and i also like to know the average rpm people shift at. :banana:
Sorry, I want mine to last a long time. I can't see how driving it hard and putting undue stress on it, is good for the car.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stress

if yours is anything like my 86 it should last you at least 30 yrs. mines goin on 24 runs strong and i push her everyonce in a while. same with the red one with 156k. theyre hondas not audis...very reliable very comfortable. im sure thats why you own more than one like myself.. to make it short. its not good for the car, but its not bad either. and i also auto x the red one so i was lookin to see if anyone has pushed it until something broke, engines trannys ect. .....

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
I've seen 100mph or so in mine, on a closed course. :lmao:

With normal driving I shift around 3k. When spirited driving is needed, I shift wherever I feel like is best at that moment.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen 100mph or so in mine, on a closed course. :lmao:

With normal driving I shift around 3k. When spirited driving is needed, I shift wherever I feel like is best at that moment.
3k is like the perfect area for our cars to shift. i was on my way to work this am and on the highway onramp got some vtec poppin' sounds amazing with the straight pipe and header. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've hit 115 and have red lined through several gears many times....our cars love high rpms (4cyl). Around town I shift around 3.5-4k.

SB

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,440 Posts
i normally shift b/w 2-3k rpms in my 7th gen..... consistently at 3k or a bit higher in the 99, before i sold her today....

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i normally shift b/w 2-3k rpms in my 7th gen..... consistently at 3k or a bit higher in the 99, before i sold her today....
just for ha ha's how many miles did u get out of her before you sold her?

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
word. my bad im dumb sometimes. was she still running strong when u sold her? and what made you get rid of it? just wanted something new?

·
17,440 Posts
just for ha ha's how many miles did u get out of her before you sold her?
well, the majority of the miles that i put on her was when i was in school for meteorology for 7 months in mississippi. jan-august 2008. mostly used for trips to panama city fl, p-cola, tx, mobile al, and storm chasing....

storm chasing with a moonroof on your car can be unnerving, especially when you feel shockwaves from lightning bolts 100 feet away.... :paranoid: :eek:

bought her with 104k miles on her, sold her yesterday with almost 169k miles. she would have close to 300k by now were it not for my 2 yr tour in japan.... :cool: :banana:

·
17,440 Posts
word. my bad im dumb sometimes. was she still running strong when u sold her? and what made you get rid of it? just wanted something new?
she's still running like the day i bought her.

i got rid of her for 2 main reasons:

1. burn oil at rate of qt/1k miles towards the end, no matter what i did...

2. developed a misfire at idle on cylinder #3.

if it weren't for that, i'd still have her. i'm glad tho that i could help out a friend with a generally good condition car for him to commute with. and i'm very happy with my purchase of the 07 as well.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
she's still running like the day i bought her.

i got rid of her for 2 main reasons:

1. burn oil at rate of qt/1k miles towards the end, no matter what i did...

2. developed a misfire at idle on cylinder #3.

if it weren't for that, i'd still have her. i'm glad tho that i could help out a friend with a generally good condition car for him to commute with. and i'm very happy with my purchase of the 07 as well.

sounds good:thmsup:

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
i shift whenever my autotragic shifts for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I normally shift at 3k. But I have red lined every gear except for 5th, and have touched 120 where it seemed to stop at. Don't know if its governed or if aerodynamics played a part in that one. That being said I try to not get excessive cause I do enjoy my 27mpg avg that I have going right now lol

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, im new in his forum and i will post some pics as soon as i take them, but anyways i have a 6thgen green accord, automatic and the fastest i've go is 135mph :nuts: but that was only once. i've try to do it again but i can only take it up to 125mph because of the short distance in the interstate exits here in louisiana

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, im new in his forum and i will post some pics as soon as i take them, but anyways i have a 6thgen green accord, automatic and the fastest i've go is 135mph :nuts: but that was only once. i've try to do it again but i can only take it up to 125mph because of the short distance in the interstate exits here in louisiana
funny you say that. that was the fastest i got mine goin as well. and it was stock. i dont know if it will do it again with the mods i have done. good stuff.:thmsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts