Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright as you know like the center arm is leather and sometimes rips and bubbles, so does the leather where you would rest your arm while rolling the window up or down. it looks like a panel that you would be able to remove from the inside of the door and re- upholster the leather, anyone know what I'm talking about??

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to the service manual, you can remove the door arm rests, but they are removable from the inside of the door panel. The arm rest is held on by screws and clips. The upholstered door panels I've seen either glued or clipped to the main door panel.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,880 Posts
Center armrest

Just this week I read on the forum you can buy a much better arm rest on Amazon.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's very easy. Replacement LEATHER (better than OEM) is available on eBay....

There has been MANY threads on this.

Yes, you'll be taking the door apart. It's very easy. The center console armrest is even easier to replace.... Just a few screws...

You can take the replacement leather and the armrests to an upholstery shop and they'll do it easily in no time for maybe $20.

All said and done, maybe 50$ for brand new armrests that are better than OEM ...

Don't know why I just gave you all that info. I'm too nice. NOW SEARCH!!!!!

Search button is your friend not enemy. You won't be clogging up the forums with the same old questions and as wel you'll be able to get your answers immediately without waiting for someone to respond..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm straight guys removed the arm rest, snapped a couple main clips back, gonna take the small piece to an upholstery shop, see how much they try and charge me :/ let you guys know thanks

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,713 Posts
I'm straight guys removed the arm rest, snapped a couple main clips back, gonna take the small piece to an upholstery shop, see how much they try and charge me :/ let you guys know thanks
For the arm rest you can find the leather on amazon for about 15.00 and the install only requires contact cement and a little stretching I did this back when I did my 08 before selling it... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts