1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best place to find the correct bulb with tons of options...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...t-bulbs/vehicle/2013-honda-accord--/23-234--/

I'm getting this ones for the license plate ---> http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-gauge/194-led-bulb-6-led-wedge-base/200/882/

but still undecided on which ones for the front sidemarker ---> http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...ter/Color_Temperature,Natural_White,137,4649:
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that is the best place to find good LED's. Their LED's are neither the brightest nor the cheapest. You can find better LED's at ijdmtoy.com or vleds.com. Granted, they are more expensive there. For your purposes, I think the ones you can find on ebay are the best bang for your buck. Just search T10 LED & you will find tons of options!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,107 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that is the best place to find good LED's. Their LED's are neither the brightest nor the cheapest. You can find better LED's at ijdmtoy.com or vleds.com. Granted, they are more expensive there. For your purposes, I think the ones you can find on ebay are the best bang for your buck. Just search T10 LED & you will find tons of options!
I agree. I just ordered a set each from 2 different Ebay sellers. One was like $1.25 and one was $1.75. For 2 LEDS each. I got one of the two packs already and they work just fine. And looking at the pix, it appears very likely that ALL these little 5-SMD versions of the T10 lights are probably all the same. So why the need to spend $10 or $20 for two when you can get them for 75 cents each with free shipping?

·
Banned
5,773 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn guys! Thanks for the feedback... I guess i'll buy Led's somewhere else!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,107 Posts
Damn guys! Thanks for the feedback... I guess i'll buy Led's somewhere else!
It's not that those places sell BAD LEDs - I bought some from VLEDs several years ago and they're still going strong. But it's more that I suspect that ALL the LEDs are basically the same. I mean look at the package for those AGT ones that people talk highly of on Amazon. And look at the cheapo ones on Ebay. They look exactly the same. As long as the ones on Ebay light up, I'm fine with them. And at 1.50 or 1.85 or whatever for a 2-pack, it's hard to go wrong.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have ordered from superbright led before. I have not had an issue with any of the lights I ordered. Once I even ordered the wrong bulbs, called them, got a return authorization, sent them back and my credit card was refunded almost immediately. So as far as customer service goes, they are good.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,107 Posts
I have a question on these "LED PANELS" that people use for the overhead lights. I see where they plug into the T10/194 socket with the little wire. But HOW do they get mounted up there? Do you have to try to use double sided tape or something?

Just curious.

By the way, of the 2 different Ebay orders I got for the cheapo 5-SMD T10s, one is noticeably longer in total length than the other. The longer one has that fitment problem in the map lights. I haven't had chance to try the shorter one but I'm thinking it might actually work.

Also on these "panels" aren't they super bright when they have like 12 or 15 LEDs all blasting down? It's supposed to be a map light, not the sun.....

Just curious on all this before I decide whether to pick up some LED panels or just go with the single T10 that I have now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a question on these "LED PANELS" that people use for the overhead lights. I see where they plug into the T10/194 socket with the little wire. But HOW do they get mounted up there? Do you have to try to use double sided tape or something?

Just curious.

By the way, of the 2 different Ebay orders I got for the cheapo 5-SMD T10s, one is noticeably longer in total length than the other. The longer one has that fitment problem in the map lights. I haven't had chance to try the shorter one but I'm thinking it might actually work.

Also on these "panels" aren't they super bright when they have like 12 or 15 LEDs all blasting down? It's supposed to be a map light, not the sun.....

Just curious on all this before I decide whether to pick up some LED panels or just go with the single T10 that I have now.
Yes, the "panel lights" are held in place with double-sided tape. They are pretty bright & work well in applications where there is no reflector type enclosure around the bulb.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Just curious.

Our custom interior kits don't need any double sided tapes.
This is Acura TSX kit reviewed by our customer. Please take a look. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which one you recommends that are bright enough to fill the entire reflector and pure white? (I don't like the ones that looks kinda blue cause they look cheap).

Also i want to change the ones for the license plate (pure white too) but with the difference i want them NOT to bright. Like OEM looks!

If you can send me the direct links for those you recommend I'll buy them right away.

Thanks,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.