Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 978 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ktuner is working on the 2008-2012 Honda Accord currently and should hopefully be released soon. Not sure if soon is a few months or so on.

This is an update of him working on the 8th generation I4 ECU. v6 platforms will be next after this is finished.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Other than the programming, physically are all Honda Accord (8th gen) ECUs the same?

Scott C.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Other than the programming, physically are all Honda Accord (8th gen) ECUs the same?

Scott C.
yeah they should be. i assume i4 and v6's will be different.

also it will be just like a flashpro or kpro but alot cheaper

·
Registered
152 Posts
So it will be an entirely new ECU that can then be tuned? Not just a plug n' play that's finally able to break the existing ECU? Hmmm... not really a fan of that idea, warranty = void and no way to hide it. At least with something like a Cobb AP you can flash back to stock and no one is the wiser... no hiding this. :grumpy:

Or am I misunderstanding the pic.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it will be an entirely new ECU that can then be tuned? Not just a plug n' play that's finally able to break the existing ECU? Hmmm... not really a fan of that idea, warranty = void and no way to hide it. At least with something like a Cobb AP you can flash back to stock and no one is the wiser... no hiding this. :grumpy:

Or am I misunderstanding the pic.
its a plug and play bro. there is no new ecu that you buy! it reads through the OBD II port.... its just like a flashpro its a program/hardware that you buy.

this is flashing not an ecu replacement

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
its a plug and play bro. there is no new ecu that you buy! it reads through the OBD II port.... its just like a flashpro its a program/hardware that you buy.

Thanks for clarification, Blu26. I was misunderstanding that too and thinking it was fraught with peril.

I recall with the LinkSys routers were hacked years ago and a group came-up with an entirely new, replacement firmware. The cool things that could be done really expanded that hardware's use. While a car is not in the same league (or even close), it is still an intriguing idea.

Scott C.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Can it retune the VCM parameters as well? I would really like to lose the 3 cylinder mode at speeds over 55 to rid myself of the surge when going from 4 to 3 cylinder mode. If so, the programer would make enough money to retire on a private island.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can it retune the VCM parameters as well? I would really like to lose the 3 cylinder mode at speeds over 55 to rid myself of the surge when going from 4 to 3 cylinder mode. If so, the programer would make enough money to retire on a private island.
I'm not really sure. As he works on the v6 models I'm sure he can work something out for that but that will be a while because he is working on the I4 models currently

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Very interested (v6). What's the price tag usually run?

·
Registered
152 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up, the pic confused me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
How much power can you get from a stock engine by flashing ECU without any forced induction? 1%?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Pulling a wild number out my butt? At least 10% on the I4's. Remove speed limiter (I'd really like to find out what the aerodynamic speed limit is), raise red line, take advantage of intake and exhaust mods, etc. I'd also love an ECU tune for 91 octane since that's what I run anyways.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ktuner is working on the 2008-2012 Honda Accord currently and should hopefully be released soon. Not sure if soon is a few months or so on.

This is an update of him working on the 8th generation I4 ECU. v6 platforms will be next after this is finished.
This definatly has my interest.. How long until they are able to be purchased or however it works do you think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
How much power can you get from a stock engine by flashing ECU without any forced induction? 1%?
By flashing to a Stage 1+ tune for 93 octane on my STi I increased my WHP by roughly 13% (not a pro tune, simply using the Cobb AP). The Stage 1+ tune made the ECU more efficient and took into account the improved airflow from my intake. It did not change my redline and did not increase my boost. You'd be shocked at how inefficient a factory ECU is... :thumbsdow

·
Registered
126 Posts
Saying the computer is inefficient is a little unfair. We are sitting here all worried about HP/TQ and the car makers are worried about 3-letter government agencies and making them happy.

Also if car makers released cars with the absolute maximum power straight from the factory they would most likely have less reliable vehicles and a lot of the aftermarket would dry up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
By flashing to a Stage 1+ tune for 93 octane on my STi I increased my WHP by roughly 13% (not a pro tune, simply using the Cobb AP). The Stage 1+ tune made the ECU more efficient and took into account the improved airflow from my intake. It did not change my redline and did not increase my boost. You'd be shocked at how inefficient a factory ECU is... :thumbsdow
It is not inefficiency, they are focused more on drive-ability and safety. And, having used the cobb ap/ATR to tune my car (ms3) and others, I am sure stage 1+ came with a bump in boost.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It is not inefficiency, they are focused more on drive-ability and safety. And, having used the cobb ap/ATR to tune my car (ms3) and others, I am sure stage 1+ came with a bump in boost.
Nope. 18psi stock, 18psi after the map change.

1 - 20 of 978 Posts