Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you sometimes wish you could've gotten the coupe? I mean I love my sedan and all its room, but I sometimes wish I would've gotten the 6-6 Coupe.

How do you guys/gals feel?

·
Registered
431 Posts
naw, i wish they made a manual tranny sedans but 2 more doors are better

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Nope. I love sedans. I love that my passengers have their own door to get in and out. My wife had a Civic coupe and my son fell flat on the floor getting out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah me too. I was thinking about looking into a swap, but it wouldn't be worth it.
And yeah I like not having to move my seat forward to let people in the back lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. I love sedans. I love that my passengers have their own door to get in and out. My wife had a Civic coupe and my son fell flat on the floor getting out.
See i'm 21 and I have no plans of having kids anytime soon, so i don't really need the extra room. But I so love having the extra doors just in case.

BTW my second option would've been an Si sedan. But I fell in love with the accord

·
Living Life
492 Posts
I like my sedan, cause it's huge in da back yall know? Good for...>.> haha just playing. Since I have an inline 4, I just wish I had the v6 bummper, but lovin' it so far. :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm 25 and my last car was a coupe (scion tc). Not much to brag about at this time, but back when that car first came out it was something!

But no, I do not regret my decision to get the sedan. When I first got in it though, I was taken back by how large it was on the inside. I guess I got too used to my little scion. I really enjoy the room. Ohh and I also have a yellow Labrador retriever, so it helps to have 4 doors (dont worry, I got seat covers for the leather :))

·
Internet
502 Posts
at first, my friends bagged on me for not getting the coupe
but then i noticed that the sedan got all of the attention and all of the parts made for it
and plus, everyone likes the front but not the back of the coupe
but i like the front AND back of the sedan
so.....................
Sedan ftw

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
I like my sedan, cause it's huge in da back yall know? Good for...>.> haha just playing. Since I have an inline 4, I just wish I had the v6 bummper, but lovin' it so far. :D
Wish I got the V6 too bro. Did the next best thing. Mugen Body Kit...DO IT!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 6'3" I tried that last week. Yeah didn't work. fml good thing she had a cr-v though haha

I'm 25 and my last car was a coupe (scion tc). Not much to brag about at this time, but back when that car first came out it was something!

But no, I do not regret my decision to get the sedan. When I first got in it though, I was taken back by how large it was on the inside. I guess I got too used to my little scion. I really enjoy the room. Ohh and I also have a yellow Labrador retriever, so it helps to have 4 doors (dont worry, I got seat covers for the leather :))
I had two civic hatchbacks before and it def is way bigger. lol

at first, my friends bagged on me for not getting the coupe
but then i noticed that the sedan got all of the attention and all of the parts made for it
and plus, everyone likes the front but not the back of the coupe
but i like the front AND back of the sedan
so.....................
Sedan ftw
Yeah same here. My friends told me that the extra doors would make it slow and stuff and then they shut up about after I took them for a ride in it. :D haha

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I kinda wish I got the coupe just so people could stop sitting in the back and getting it all messed up but other then dat I like it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kinda wish I got the coupe just so people could stop sitting in the back and getting it all messed up but other then dat I like it :)
haha I don't like the fact that people leave their fingerprints all over the doors in the back. I was looking at a 350z but idk if i could do only 2 seats. :/

·
Motor City
707 Posts
haha I don't like the fact that people leave their fingerprints all over the doors in the back. I was looking at a 350z but idk if i could do only 2 seats. :/
lmao yah I like to pretend my sedan is a coupe they all know its only a 2 person limit... driver + passenger. Unless I'm smashed out of my mind then I don't really care:thmsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmao yah I like to pretend my sedan is a coupe they all know its only a 2 person limit... driver + passenger. Unless I'm smashed out of my mind then I don't really care:thmsup:
Haha usually I only have passengers on the weekends. Other than that its just me. whomp whomp whomp lmao

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the V6 with Navi and it drives so well. I enjoy the passing power of the v6 so much and I definitely like the sedan over the Coupe. I wish that I had the memory seat though. However, I like the look of my 2010 better than the 2011 and price wise 2010 was a much better deal. I did not like the navigation very much at the beginning. I thought that my $250 Garmin was a better navigation equipment. But as I got used to the Honda Navi and changed a few things (for example, force it to say the name of the street), I started loving the navigation as well, especially its big screen.

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
its just more practical to get a sedan in the long run IMO... :)

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
naw, i wish they made a manual tranny sedans but 2 more doors are better
Technically, they do. The LX and EX Sedans have a 5MT option while the LX-P, EX-L, EX V6, EX-L V6, and now the DX don't have a MT option for the sedans.

its just more practical to get a sedan in the long run IMO... :)
Agreed. Love the fact I went with a sedan. More room for passengers, more room to move stuff like boxes or other things in addition to the trunk, etc.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i love my sedan from day 1.... but at first look i was drooling when i saw the coupes... but i knew it wouldnt be comfy when you carry 4 people + driver....... i say my sedan choice is worth it

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I actually prefer the sedan better. However, I read a long while ago that Honda wanted the Accord Coupe to fill the gap left by the Prelude. This is no way saying the G8 Accord Coupe is bad. I see it more as something else (Prelude?). Meaning something more sporty, and higher performance.

I much prefer a "2 door version" of the sedan. Like how the coupes used to be.

Can someone photochop to see how a "2 door" Gen8 would look like?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big fan of the sedan so far, I am 6'2'' and 315 so I need some extra space. Plus in 6 years when my wife is looking for a car she can have the honda and I can get a truck. She is a social worker and her clients poop in their pants so no new car for her.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts