Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All!

Recently I became the second owner of a lovely 07 Accord EX. Whilst fiddling around under the dash I came across a bit of foreign electronics spliced into much of the driver's side underdash wiring. I haven't a bloody clue what it is: could you ID it??

It had a 5 amp fuse, which I removed. There has been no change whatsoever in vehicle operation.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Elvira
3,436 Posts
I see a FCC logo on the box so I guess it might be a AUX input to allow you to use an ipod to broadcast to the radio ? :dunno:

On that sticker is a number with an FCC ID: ######### on it (if it is a transmitter of some sort)

Google that number and it may at least tell you the manufacturer and we can go from there.

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
The first pic looks like an audio input jack, but I've never seen one with an led on it. Is it a jack, or is a button switch that isn't real clear int he pic? If its a button, it's almost certainly a valet switch for an alarm.

That box looks more like an alarm, remote start, or a combo of both.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks guys! Now to figure out how to remove it without wreaking havoc...
I may just leave it in there ( with the fuse pulled!) assuming it won't cause any trouble.

·
Registered
26 Posts
first pic appears to be a remote volume control knob (for a subwoofer???) missing the potentiometer

Nevermind: RickBlaine is correct .

·
VCM DELETE
855 Posts
Wow thanks guys! Now to figure out how to remove it without wreaking havoc...
I may just leave it in there ( with the fuse pulled!) assuming it won't cause any trouble.

Is it the I4 or V6?
Either way thats one fine automobile you got there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts