Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
561 - 580 of 585 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
1.) Power + Display + Menu

2.) Select the bottom option of the two boxes that pop up on the touch screen

3.) Hold down the menu button to access the secondary menu

4.) Scroll all the way to the bottom. I originally selected the Applauncher button and subsequently arrived at the EQsettings option with no way to long press and disable. It would open the weird white database looking window seen a few posts back.

5.) Select the Developer Applauncher or whatever it's called. (sorry, I'm at the office not in the car)

6.) Scroll down to EQSettings and long press that. You should get a small box to pop up asking if you want to Start, Enable, Disable.

7.) Select Disable and then back out of the menu until you're back to the home screen
Does anyone know what the START option does in the EQsettings menu?

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Spacejamz for the quick reply. I wasn't able to locate the "Display" option whatever that is. As previously said in my original post is that I've tried the Power button & Menu (on the display) and the Brightness Button (next to the CD eject Button) and no go. Have I missed something?
Thanks.

· Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Spacejamz for the quick reply. I wasn't able to locate the "Display" option whatever that is. As previously said in my original post is that I've tried the Power button & Menu (on the display) and the Brightness Button (next to the CD eject Button) and no go. Have I missed something?
Thanks.
I was actually asking a question about the START option (LOL) once you get in but those are the steps you need to perform...

it definitely takes a few tries if you haven't done it before....I would try pressing POWER and BRIGHT(DISPLAY) together first and then a split second later, press MENU

· Registered
2 Posts
I have an Accord 2016 EX-L and I can't seem to get to DSP Flat or Equalizer ON/OFF. I pressed power/display/menu --> then I selected detailed info --> then I pressed the menu to get into the second pop up menu. After that I don't know what to do as I don't see any DSP/EQ setting.

Thanks!

Is the EQ trick the same as DSP Flat? I'm trying to get DSP Flat in my 2016 Accord EX-L but I don't see anything in the second pop-up menu. Has anyone else done this in an 2016 EX-L?

· Registered
42 Posts
I haven't looked at this thread in a while and I'm glad I just happened to browse it again. Thank you to A.D.S and others who have found the method to disable the 'EQ' on the Canadian Accord models. I will have to try this to see if it makes any difference as I own a 2017 Accord Sport with the touch-screen Clarion head unit.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, does anyone know by chance if the 'EQ' goes back to 'active' when the car is powered off and started back up again like the owners of the Accords with the head units that have the 'DSP Flat' option?

· Registered
42 Posts
I just wanted to report my findings/observations with the EQ set to disable. I've noticed that yes you do get a bit more bass with the EQ disabled but you also get more highs. If I'm 'blasting' my music I usually have the volume at around 32 out of 40 and I listen to pretty much everything (except most modern day music which is crap IMHO). There are a handful of good modern day songs here and there but that's a topic for another time and everyone had their own musical tastes.

So to me, the highs are quite bright, even with the highs set to the lowest on the head unit and the increase in bass does not 'overcome' the highs, they just stand out too much. After a 45 minute drive of listening to music at 30 to 32 volume, I find my ears ring a bit from those highs. So I re-enabled the EQ and I find I don't have these harsh highs ringing my ears anymore.

Again, these are just my observations and everyone hears things a bit differently. I would be interested to know how other members found the sound to be of the EQ disabled vs the EQ enabled and if they noticed the same as I did. Also, my main source for music is CDs ripped at 320kbps on a USB stick.

· Registered
16 Posts
WOOOOOW

I have to say I could not beleve that stereo. compressed no real separation.
you could talk over it with the the thing turned up.

I had concord I put in my prelude. 25 watt in the dash concord car stereo.
flat drive you out of the car. with equal specs to my blue faced 125 watt Marantz. sounded like you had head phones on in the car.

I followed the directions and I now have a car stereo. thanks so much.

2015 exl with nav.

· Registered
11 Posts
As others have noticed, this has the effect of a loudness button found on many home and car receivers. Not necessarily a bad thing as lows and highs can be drowned out by road noise in a car. But being a stereo nerd from years back I can't help wonder what it does to various frequencies and their response. I don't have a spectrum analyzer but would be fun to find out. Keep in mind that it's quite common for people picking a louder sound as sounding better than which is of lower volume. Not talking volume or boosted frequencies here but ones that remain faithful to the original signal. But as mentioned, cars are not your best listening environment. Also, people who like popular music often like the heavy beat and bassline, and those people tend to boost the mid and low bass for that reason alone. Those more into Classical and Orchestral music seek to find the balance they hear when listening live so tend to run flat response curves in quiet listening areas, something cars are not.

Just thinking out loud here. In the meantime, play with it, it is interesting. But it would be interesting to know what's being boosted and why.

· I think I drove my 2013 too much.....
177 Posts
I did this mod to the 2013. It's an improvement. But in the 2013 menu, there's something that goes to communication. If the car is running, and you turn that off, the radio goes flat. If it's only in start button hot once mode, the radio seems to be better. What am I doing?

Update:

So I tried the "dig through the passenger side plastic cover" and found a cable. Following the YouTube videos, i unhooked it. Well... on my V6 Accord, didn't do much... other than deactivate the dual-zone climate control. Once I plugged it back in, all was fine. But whoever (or whatever) built my car that day, must really like noise cancellation and comfort over hearing King Crimson at full-tilt.

· Registered
2 Posts
but even before doing that, since you have the Touring and I do too, I was able to improve by 100x the sound quality going in the developper menu and setting the DSP to Flat ON.

Steps:
Press Nav + Menu + Back 3 seconds
The 2 screens will display debug menus you should not have access normally
Press return on the touch screen one (you don't need it)
Press Menu for 3 seconds
You will be in the developer menu
Scroll down to DSP/AMP settings
Scroll to 'Flat' set it to 'On'
Enjoy!

Now you only have to press 'Return' a couple times and redo that procedure when you disconnect the battery of the car (it is not showing as saving the settings, but it does, so no need to repeat every time you start the char)
Hi, wil this work on a 2016 touring? Thx

· Registered
2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan - S-VCM
16 Posts
How to access the developer menus

Make sure the radio is ON when you do that

Hold for 3 seconds, this gets you to the diagnostic menu

Touring or EX-L w Navi: NAV + MENU + BACK <confirmed>
EX-L w/o Navi: POWER/VOL + DISP + BACK <confirmed>
EX: POWER/VOL + DISP + BACK <confirmed>
Other trims: 1 + 6 + DISP <confirmed>

Developer menu: Hold MENU for 3 sec
Developer menu was not found on Sport trim

I would like that you guys try it in your car and post here what worked for you + your trim level. I'll update the post according to what are the results and remove the alternatives once I get confirmation that they do not work. Please indicate which other button you had to press to access the developer menu after the first step
Okay, this may sound like a stupid question but where is the BACK button? Are you referring to the RETURN button as the BACK button? I have tried this many times and I do NOT see any menus... I have a 2009 Accord sedan EX-L (no Nav). Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Okay, this may sound like a stupid question but where is the BACK button? Are you referring to the RETURN button as the BACK button? I have tried this many times and I do NOT see any menus... I have a 2009 Accord sedan EX-L (no Nav). Thanks in advance.
This is the 9th gen (2013-2017) forum. I don't think this process works on a 2009.

· Banned
2017 Accord EX-L
39 Posts
Did the 30 sec.upgrade this am on my 2017 Accord EX-L (no nav). Took a few try's, but I'm liking the results.More separation, warmer more real sound. Put in a Donald Fagen CD and it sounded fantastic.He is great at mixing his albums and Steely Dan's.My sub still rattles a bit so I kept it lowered to about 1/3rd,no buzz now and still plenty of bass.

Does anyone know if the EQ deactivated stays off on the 2017 EX-L (no nav ) after the car is turned off then back on?

I have a 2017 sport and that's what i did to disable the EQ, but maybe the touring is different. Hopefully you'll find a solution....

Edit: i just read the post by Spacejamz, he talks about "dsp flat" setting which is a different thing and is available in the 2013-15 models. It's counterpart in the 2016/17 models is the EQ settings which can be turned off, essentially rendering the dsp flat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Does it stay turned off?

· Registered
1 Posts
I
but even before doing that, since you have the Touring and I do too, I was able to improve by 100x the sound quality going in the developper menu and setting the DSP to Flat ON.

Steps:
Press Nav + Menu + Back 3 seconds
The 2 screens will display debug menus you should not have access normally
Press return on the touch screen one (you don't need it)
Press Menu for 3 seconds
You will be in the developer menu
Scroll down to DSP/AMP settings
Scroll to 'Flat' set it to 'On'
Enjoy!

Now you only have to press 'Return' a couple times and redo that procedure when you disconnect the battery of the car (it is not showing as saving the settings, but it does, so no need to repeat every time you start the char)
I am not seeing dsp/amp option in my car it is accord 2016

561 - 580 of 585 Posts