Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, driving to work this morning some debris hit my front bumper...I hate the 710 fwy in SoCal...

I guess that touch up paint will come in handy...*cries*

Would the clear bra of prevented any damage? I notice the upper part has like holes dug in which is pretty bad...

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
i had the same questions about the clear bra.... i should just invest in a regular bra because they arent too bad idk i have to how it looks on the car....

i got like 2 or 3 chips on my hood from highway driving

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's inevitable.

I have used touch up paint on at least 6-10 spots on front bumper and hood area.

If one was to clear bra, I'd say it would be upon purchasing vehicle. Now that it has some miles (and chips) on it, clear bra's cost effective-ness would only be for a go forward basis. You'd have to touch up existing spots, then clear bra it...not quite worth the price

Kinda the same boat for leather bra...too me its not very aesthetically appealling, and I've heard can severly damage the covered portion in the long run.

·
37.826611, -122.422929
53 Posts
Here's what I had done. First a little background. I hit one of those cement parking bumpers with my front bumper (not sure when it happened). It didn't dent the bumper but scratch off a lot of the paint on the lower half of the bumper. I went to one repair shop who wanted to take off my front bumper, sand it, repaint it, and put it back on for $1000. I went to another one next to my barbershop and he suggested that just tape the top part of the bumper and smooth the bottom part up and spray it with a rough feeling black paint. He did it for $300 and I kind of like the look.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
The paint in these cars is complete junk. Today, I just found another scratch on my car from debris hitting it. I absolutely hate the paint on this car and I can't wait to get rid of this POS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow thats crazy. Back in January I hit a trash bag on the 405 going to work. I tried to swerve to avoid it but, my right bumper hit it, drove over it and damaged the wheel liner and also knocked out my fog light. The body shop also had to replace the entire bumper. I had the car for only a week when this happened. With all these trucks dropping stuff and other hazards on LA freeways we have to be careful. What sucks is that my insurance made it seem like it was my fault since I couldn't track down the truck who's trash bag it fell out of.

·
Registered
639 Posts
[...] he suggested that just tape the top part of the bumper and smooth the bottom part up and spray it with a rough feeling black paint. He did it for $300 and I kind of like the look.
I like the look, too. And in the future, you can mask it off yourself and respray it with flat black. (Flat's easy.)

Wow thats crazy. Back in January I hit a trash bag on the 405 going to work. I tried to swerve to avoid it but, my right bumper hit it, drove over it and damaged the wheel liner and also knocked out my fog light. The body shop also had to replace the entire bumper. I had the car for only a week when this happened. With all these trucks dropping stuff and other hazards on LA freeways we have to be careful. What sucks is that my insurance made it seem like it was my fault since I couldn't track down the truck who's trash bag it fell out of.
Had a fatality in MA recently when a wheelbarrow (presumably) fell out of a truck:

Wheelbarrow in road causes fatal crash on I-395 in Oxford - News - telegram.com - Worcester, MA

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went to another one next to my barbershop and he suggested that just tape the top part of the bumper and smooth the bottom part up and spray it with a rough feeling black paint. He did it for $300 and I kind of like the look.
Not bad at all!!

The 90s Acura Legends had the lower body sections that were a dark charcoal gray color much like what you have had done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts